If you’re considering a career in Public Health, VACorps offers an excellent selection of internships in South Africa. As a public health intern in our program, you will be working alongside qualified healthcare professionals in conducting epidemiological research, assessing access to care in South Africa, research, data collection, and education outreach programs in the community. South Africa faces many serious healthcare issues, including high rates of HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis – especially among women and young children in vulnerable communities. There is a high demand for healthcare in low-income areas of the city and many public hospitals and clinics lack appropriate funding and access to primary care. The overall experience will give you first-hand access to South Africa’s public healthcare system and will teach you a wide-range of skills that you’ll carry with you for a lifetime.
- Tailored internship placement within the field of Public Health
- 24/7 On-the-Ground Support from your team at VACorps
- Weekly Cultural Excursions (sailing, surfing, hiking, Cape Point, township braai, and more!)
- Program Housing (flexible leases for VACorps interns)
- Weekly Culture Series (learn more about traditional Xhosa language and foods)