Join our research team in the Greater Kruger Area to gain professional experience on a conservation-driven research initiative and wildlife internship. This unique personal development opportunity will allow you to design-your-own field research placement around an African species of your choosing.
Regular research game drives and bush walks will allow you to collect data on the location, and behaviour, of your chosen species, while at the same time spotting some of Africa’s most amazing other animals. During your internship you will help us teach conservation education in order to raise awareness of conservation and wildlife issues, demonstrating why your chosen species needs to be protected. You will also get involved in physical conservation tasks like clearing encroaching bush or invasive plant species removal, which helps us restore animal habitats and provides you with a greater understanding of how the ecosystem is connected.
- Customize your experience and study one species of your choosing in-depth throughout your wildlife internship.
- Gain practical experience in wildlife research methods, including wildlife and habitat mapping.
- Work alongside a team of international and local experts, as well as fellow interns and volunteers.
- Be supported by our Internship Mentor and Professional Development Coach to help you realize and achieve your objectives.
- Live in one of the most beautiful areas of South Africa, home to the ‘Magnificent 7’; lion, elephant, leopard, rhino, buffalo, wild dog and cheetah.