Expand your knowledge and further your career by gaining quality exposure and hands-on experience at a grassroots level while you undertake practical fieldwork alongside professional occupational therapists, bringing relief and support to vulnerable children, elderly and students with physical disabilities. This is a very unique and hands-on opportunity which offers insight into the informal settlements in South Africa and the challenges of the healthcare system while at the same time deepening your knowledge in Occupational Therapy.
Being an Occupational Therapy intern with African Impact will also involve a lot of community engagement. You will help organize and participate in outdoor sports events, aiming to involve the different communities in better and healthier lifestyles. During your placement, you will assist with developing new ideas, programs and routines that can help each person you’ll work with and you will also be in charge of implementing them.
- Work alongside professional South African occupational therapists and gain practical experience and insight that can support your future career.
- Secure practical, hands-on hours and get regular assessments of your work, with a professional documentation of completion to compliment your practical work.
- Are supported by a Personal Development Coach and Academic Trainer to acquire and develop new skills.
- You will help organize and participate in outdoor sports events, aiming to involve the different communities in better and healthier lifestyles.
- Surfing lessons, shark cage diving and sky-diving are one of the many on tourists’ “bucket lists”, and Cape Town’s mountain ranges make for great mountain-biking too.