International Engineering Internships with The Intern Group

Final Places Available for Spring Internships

There are only a couple of places remaining for The Intern Group's Spring internship programs. Apply now to secure a space!

We offer successful Engineering applicants the chance to gain invaluable work experience in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia and Latin America. During your internship abroad, you will gain hands-on professional experience and build a network for your future career. Your internship abroad will make you stand out from your peers.

Fast-track your future career and gain first-hand Engineering experience with leading companies worldwide. Put what you’ve learned in the classroom into context. We offer internships for all types of engineers: Aeronautical, Chemical, Civil, Industrial, Mechanical, Environmental, Electrical and more.

Our programs include a leading internship, professional development tools & workshop, cultural immersion, social activities, accommodation, alumni career coaching and much more. Our programs have been featured in Forbes, CNN and Time Magazine.

Uh oh, we couldn't find the answer either! Click here to contact the program directly: https://www.theinterngroup.com/applicants/

Yone

When can I come back!?

Three months ago today I was boarding a plane in Australia bound for Madrid. Little did I know the adventure that awaited me!

Coming into this program I was not entirely sure what to expect, I was really hoping just to gain some work place experience and learn a bit more about Spain and Madrid and what they had to offer in terms of culture, lifestyle and of course, food!

I did not think I would find myself at home here in Madrid so quickly. However, it did take me a couple of weeks to get used to the idea that I was in a completely new country and getting sick just after my first week at work did not make the transition any smoother. The Intern Group helped guide my through this rough patch, as I knew that if I needed anything I could just send a message and I could expect a response shortly after. Which was very reassuring.

I really have no idea how The Intern Group managed this, but the company I was placed with was absolutely perfect! I had excellent mentoring from not just my supervisor, but the entire company and I can say with confidence that I have definitely come away with more experience and understanding of my field than I had expected.

By being a part of this program you get the opportunity to meet like-minded interns who share the same passions and interests as you, such as traveling, shopping or finding the best tortilla in Madrid. You never know who you will meet and that's what I enjoyed the most about this experience. Not only have I been able to network with other interns, but also with students from my Spanish classes (which I have been taking during my time here) and colleagues at my work.

I am definitely sad to be leaving this place so soon as there is still much more I know Madrid and Spain can offer me! The question I am asking myself now is "When can I come back!"

I thought the program was amazing from start to finish -- No improvements necessary from my point of view.
Felipe

Wonderful experience in a beautiful country.

My experience working at a civil engineering firm in Medellin was wonderful! As someone who had been to the city before to visit family, it was extremely valuable to experience the city for myself as a young professional adult. The network of people I met proved invaluable to me as it allowed me to explore the city and meet people with extremely positive and inspiring ideas. The program is wonderful for anyone looking to experience a very hands on internship (especially for an engineer like myself), learn about the differences with working in an emerging economy versus a more established one, and live in a country as beautiful, culturally interesting, and rich as Colombia.

Maxy

Wonderful Experience

"Maxy, I've been telling people Colombia is a wonderful place, but after all these years, you are the only one who believes and came here."--quote from my first Colombian friend. I have never imagined how I would feel at this moment after spending two months in Colombia. I made the decision to come here based on my curiosity of South America, my intention of learning more Spanish, and my passion of Latino culture and history.

I still remember when I first posted on Facebook, telling my friends that I arrived in Medellin, many people messaged me to take care of myself, asked me if I feel insecure, or immediately told me that I was crazy. I slept through my entire flight, woke up when all Colombians were singing, cheering on the flight, the lady sat next to me smiled at me, said," you must be confused honey, we are just the happiest people in the world!"-- this was my first impression of Colombia!

I want to write here to tell my friends around the entire world that this country doesn't deserve the stereotype it has, it went through all those difficult years and the people there are truly optimistic and HAPPY. At this moment, the world needs to look at this happy land with a new perspective because I believe people in our generation should be more open minded in order to break all the wrong stereotypes from the past. (You may start from here: it's colOmbia not colUmbia) I'm kindly ask, please take some time to read its history and news, or google image its cities before you make your judgements toward Colombia. I just went through the immigration right now, and the customs said I could take a picture of his smiling face as he should be the last Colombian I talk to before I leave! Colombia, I sincerely love you for all the great things you brought me.

It is a life-changing experience, I was well-treated everyday and I absolutely love the country and the people. Don't need to go there with an expectation, because Colombia will surprise you everyday. Be outside as much as you can, spend time exploring the city and nature and talk to lovely Colombian people!!

About The Intern Group

The Intern Group is one of the leading providers of international internships. Our programs are located in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia & Latin America. We place participants from all over the world in international internships that propel...