• Spain

Weekly Hours
Age Max

Pricing

$150 USD
We include internship placement, airport pick up, accommodation in shared apartment private room, leisure and cultural activities while taking 2 weeks of Spanish courses previous to your placement, supervision and Certificates and reference letters at the end of the program.

Why do a work experience placement?

Increases knowledge and skills
Tests classroom theories in the "real world"
Explores a potential career path
Contributes to an organization or company
Increases community involvement
The program includes:

A practical placement appropriate for your professional background. (Usually 20 hours/week)
Accommodation arrangements
Orientation course at the start of the program
Ongoing orientation and assistance
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Airport Transfers Visa Wifi
What's Not Included
Airfare Domestic Airfare Meals Some Meals SIM cards Travel Insurance
Nov 17, 2020
Nov 17, 2020

For over 20 years, Instituto Hemingway has provided affordable International Internship Programs all over Spain. Instituto Hemingway will work with you to match you up with an employer in your field and ensure as practical and hands on an internship as possible. With breathtaking landscapes, magnificent architecture and a deep-rooted historical and cultural heritage, Spain is the ideal destination for work and travel.

Choose to intern in a wide range of fields with an internship placement geared towards boosting your professional development.. Instituto Hemingway helps tailor a program best suited for your career goals. With airport pick up, Spanish language classes, and an internship placement in your sector, our program provides a cultural experience of a lifetime! You'll walk away with improved Spanish language skills, international work experience to add to your resume, and a cultural experience of a lifetime.

Program Highlights

• Flexibility: Our programs start the 1st Monday of every month with year round start dates. Choose to intern anywhere from 1-6 months.
  • Centralized Housing: You'll have your own private room in a shared apartment close to shopping, public transportation, and nightlife.
  • The most affordable price – both our Intern Abroad and Study Abroad programs are the cheapest you’ll find, period
  • Equal parts work experience, language acquisition, and cultural immersion: all are key components of our Abroad programs.
  • Local Staff: Our local Program Director is available 24/7 for emergency support.

Antonio

Excellent from the very beginning

This is one of the most unique and incredible immersion/vacation that I have done. You will be totally immersed in the Spanish language, culture, food, and atmosphere. Everyone was incredibly nice, hospitable, and friendly. The classes were organized, fun and flexible. There were structured lessons in the morning tailored to your level. All the meals were fresh, home-cooked and delicious. In the afternoons, there are various activities which are again tailored to your interests. They are also very flexible with scheduling and can assist with any special requests like renting a car. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to fully immerse in Spanish life while having a good balance of learning Spanish, relaxing and sightseeing the beautiful Basque region of Spain.

If you are looking for an authentic, enjoyable, relaxed and fun Spanish immersion this is it. Just go and enjoy!
Tam

awesome experience with great people

Definitely, when booking the trip I was scared and anxious, but this trip taught me how to be independent and overall expose myself to new things. I'd definitely say this was one of the most memorable things in my life I've ever done. I'd say that the best thing about this program was the immersion within the culture and so much more room individuals of any Spanish level can still grow at Instituto Hemingway. One thing I wish could be changed would be adding more trips to parts around Bilbao, but still was very pleasing and I would really recommend! you will make friends from all over that will become some of your closest friends. I'd definetly say don't hesitate to take the trip and become a local for your stay it really creates an unforgettable experience. After taking a Spanish course for 4 weeks then I went for an internship and really enjoyed it. So much fun, so many things I learned..!

This program is not only a great way to explore Spain, but also boosts language skills. The program balances language classes with explore the country and immersing students into the culture of Spain. Traveling with Instituto Hemingway also gives students the option to explore the city on their own terms. There isn't a strict traveling schedule everyone must follow, enabling students to do what they find most interesting. Overall, it was a great experience and I would love to go again.
Louise

5 stars and thumbs up

I arrived Instituto Hemingway intending to improve my Spanish, but I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I was so happy to find that there is so much more going on than I had anticipated. I found myself a part of a beautiful and unique community that was made up of the staff, volunteers, and students in the program. I made close relationships and countless memories. The Spanish classes exceeded my expectations, and I improved so much!! I even was starting to get the hang of Salsa dancing by the end of it. I chose to spend, a more than conventional, four months with Instituto Hemingway, and honestly every second was worth it. I would travel outside the city some weekends or take advantage of really cool stuff happening in Northern Spain. By the end of my experience, I was leaving three families. My host family, who genuinely are like parents to me. My Instituto Hemingway family, all of the awesome people who I would say hi to every day and get support from often (including great teachers). And finally, the weird mixed up group of people I met along the way from air force groups to people on gap years like me to the Spanish friends I am going to miss so much. I will never forget my time in Spain, and what it has done for me, I owe a lot of that to this great program.

Come in with an open mind and heart! I believe that your experience is what you make of it, but you'll be in a great position to make it what you want. Take advantage of what's available to you, and trust yourself to make decisions and you will have so much fun!
Dean

lovely program to take advantage of my time in Spain

Instituto Hemingway provided an excellent learning experience. I was placed in the correct level and started learning from the first day. The instructor was prepared and engaging, and she really fostered a comfortable learning environment. Language learning can be stressful, but in these classes it was mostly fun.

After some weeks taking courses then I enjoyed my experience doing an internship in an incredible local firm!

Bilbao is an amazing city to visit. The people are warm and hospitable to friendly visitors. It is an extremely walkable environment with many interesting places to visit. On this trip I visited dozens of historic sites, I ate excellent food, and I danced my way through several evenings. I look forward to returning to Bilbao, and to Instituto Hemingway!

Nada! I enjoyed my first trip outside of the US with Instituto Hemingway. Made lifelong friends and this first trip gave me the confidence to travel more!