Semester and Summer Internships in Barcelona, Spain

Custom Internships
Custom Internships
Barcelona Architecture
Barcelona Architecture

IAU provides access to unpaid, for-credit internships available at local enterprises for eligible summer and semester students. IAU's exceptional out-of-classroom experiences include homestays or apartment housing, regional field studies and extracurricular activities. IAU’s campus in Barcelona is centrally located in the downtown Plaça de Catalunya area in the Gothic Quarter in close proximity to many of Barcelona's famed attractions. The facilities have been completely renovated with modern amenities to suit the needs of the 21st-century college student. IAU Barcelona employs a full-time student affairs and academic affairs staff to advise, place, house, and otherwise support incoming students for full semester, year-long, and summer programs. As part of IAU’s mission, we want to make study abroad affordable. To that end, IAU's Barcelona program fees are among the most competitive.

• Scholarships.
  • Custom Internships.
  • Study Abroad.
  • For Credit.

Ariel

12 Weeks in Barcelona - IAU

Studying abroad is one of the greatest investments I have ever made for myself. There’s not much I can say to compare, but studying through IAU is in large part what made it all possible. In high school, we had the opportunity to study two years of Spanish. While I am thankful, this is all we had. I grew up speaking one language but seeking more.

If it wasn’t for IAU, me being given the opportunity to immerse myself in a country that speaks a different language than my own, studying and interning, would have been slim. I wouldn’t have had the capacity to communicate. IAU found professors willing to meet me and my colleagues where we were at in terms of language and provided me with an internship understanding and willing to speak English. IAU pushed me to try my best at immersing myself with the locals through practicing my Spanish and steering me to where locals acquaint.

At every moment, I was treated with respect. There was never a moment where I felt like a burden to faculty; full attention would be granted to me if there was something needed to be followed by additional half-hour 1:1 conversation about cultural differences. IAU pushed me out of my comfort zone, and I am confident saying that I have grown tremendously as a person through studying abroad.

Many speak Catalan but try and speak Spanish over English!
Sophie

IAU Barcelona summer internship

Taking a summer course through IAU along with completing an internship for credit has helped me grow academically, professionally and personally. Throughout the duration of my stay in Spain, the staff continuously offered support and guidance that I may have needed, making me feel apart of their community. Their willingness to accommodate what was best for me specifically helped individualize my experience for optimal growth. IAU genuinely cared about my experience outside of the classroom as well. Although our weekends were free for us to travel and explore, there was one weekend excursion, already planned and paid for. Each weekend the staff extended invitations to give tours throughout the city and suggested many activities for our free time.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
After meeting local college students in the apartments we stayed at, we were invited to one of their favorite restaurants. They introduced me to snails, or escargot. I was not huge fan, but it definitely added to my cultural experiences!