Start your journey of community transformation through participating in FSD's virtual internship program. Our virtual internship program provides you with an opportunity to implement sustainable development projects in Ugandan grassroots communities that are less privileged in a virtual context. The program is designed to enable you to remotely acquire practical hands on learning of sustainable development and how you can impact communities while being immersed in a new culture. Applying to participate on virtual internship offers you an opportunity to engage in any of our development fields of their interest including: Women empowerment and gender; Human rights; Health; Microfinance; Environment; Youth and Education; Community Development
- Gaining an enriched understanding of sustainable development, and what qualities and characteristics make a project sustainable.
- Developing an understanding of the unique capacity of grass-roots development in which the community is in control. You be able to view the communities as being asset-rich and full of opportunities despite various challenges.
- Ability to identify values, norms, and behaviors when you find yourself in a different cultural environment. You will be able to adapt and begin integration into a new culture.
- Being equipped with tools for designing a developmental project:
- Understanding basic methods for M&E, including both qualitative and quantitative indicators.