New York City Internships | Dream Careers

New York City Internships | Dream Careers

Dream Careers offers an all-inclusive internship programs in New York City, complete with a custom internship placement at a top company in your field of study!

As an industry leader in placing students in the field of their choice, you can be assured you are in good hands as you make the transition from home to New York City. Our New York City program includes summer housing, weekend trips, career development programs, and on-site staff. Spend your summer surrounded by hundreds of college students with a competitive internship in New York City.

Learn more about NYC Internships by visiting our website for all the details!

• Custom Internships! Our staff works diligently to ensure you are placed in an internship field of your choice. Once accepted to the program, you are guaranteed an internship in your field before you arrive in New York City. Our top internships in New York
  • Professional Development! Dream Careers gives you the whole package, a challenging and rewarding internship, career seminars, academic credit, and exciting excursions.
  • All-Inclusive Program! In addition to a professional staff available 24/7, we coordinate EVERY detail for you, including group housing, weekend trips, transportation to and from work, a meal plan and much more so that you can focus on your time in New Yor
  • Weekend Trips! Every summer we outline a great list of intern excursions to the top destinations in the area. Visit our website to see what we have planned for this summer.
  • Extensive Network! You will meet experts in your experience while interning in New York City, leaving you with great references and a strong alumni network!
North America » United States of America » New York
Psychology
Tourism
Chinese
Weekly Hours
The Internship Program Features include: Custom Internship Placement, Summer Housing, Weekend Events, A Meal Plan, On-site staff, Transportation to and from work, Professional Resume Revision and Interview Prep.

* Flight and Visa not included in tuition

Gabby
Tucson, Arizona
University of Arizona

Dream Careers

I interned at a fashion showroom in Manhattan called Estarise. What a fashion showroom basically is, is the liaison between the designer and buyers of department stores. It was an incredible experience because I was able to work one-on-one with the designers of the 14 ready to wear collections within the showroom. For example the shoe designer Charlene De Luca came in the most and I was able to merchandise her shoe collection for her and present my findings from my market research to her. My main project was to present market research for all 14 ready to wear collections the showroom had. What that meant is that I would research each individual designer researching price point, competition and locations of it sold. Then the best part is that I would go out in the 'field' or locations of it sold, usually barneys, saks, or bergdorfs, and first hand see where the product is, how popular the brand is, more competitors, interview sales associates ect.. Then I consolidated all my findings into one powerpoint per brand and presented it to the owner of the showroom and occasionally a designer.

No day in the showroom was the same, I helped A-List celebrities choose a gown for a gala, helped host a model 'go-see' in the showroom, helped dress models, sat in on buyer/vendor/designer meetings and compiled stockiest through excel.

I chose to work in a showroom because I want to become a buyer for a Big Box retailer so getting my foot in the door could not have been more perfect for me. Ultimately my dream came true, this internship provided me with unforgettable experience enough to receive my dream internship as a buyer/planner for Macys Corporate in NYC.

Aside from my internship, Dream Careers hosted so many great events in NYC. Even though I am from New Jersey I was a little nervous of being in NYC alone but the first day they give you a metro card and directions on how to get to work by using the subway. The location of the NYU dorms in Union Square is often called the heart of NYC because there is just so much culture and liveliness there. In addition Dream Careers hosts so many events to help experience all NYC has to offer. For example, we rode double decker tour buses around the city, went to the hard rock hotel to eat in times square, went to a broadway show, a yankees game and much more. They also host excursions on the weekend such as going to smorgasbord (an amazing food festival) in brooklyn, walking the brooklyn bridge, going to cony island and such. In addition, at least every week was an inspirational speaker.

More sponsored programs. Make scholarships for dream careers.

Alex
London
Sheffield Hallam University

Make Dream Careers a Reality

It would be nothing short of an understatement to say that Dream Careers changed my life. The level of growth I experienced was unprecedented; the level of experience I gained is unparallaed.

I completed my internship on Wall Street, New York. It was a Marketing internship. The company who I worked for were always eager to give me challenging tasks in an attempt to push me to my limits. This was certainly the case and as a result I have seen a definite change in my ability within a working environment. I met a tremendous amount of influential, charismatic people whilst in New York, and have come away with some life-long friends. While that may sound rather cliche, I have strong evidence, in that one of the people I met, a South Carolina native, is coming to see me over New Years for a period of two weeks. As well as this, I often Skype with friends that I made from places such as Spain, Switzerland, Australia, China, Brazil and back home, in the United Kingdom. Dream Careers is definitely a unique answer when people question me how I became friends with such people and it is hard to imagine how else we would have had an opportunity to meet each other, had we not completed the Dream Careers Program.

I can't do the staff members justice; each and every one of them was incredible. They all possessed a ridiculous work ethic, which meant that they went to all lengths to not satisfy, but delight the needs of each and every intern. There would be occasions when a staff member would arrange something out of the blue (completely free of charge) for everybody else to enjoy. Whether it's touring the Brooklyn Bridge, going to Staten Island, going to the Statue of Liberty of arranging a FIFA tournament, the staff members really exhausted every potential activity there is to do in New York, and I need not tell you how much there is to do in New York. Another undoubtable benefit of the Program Staff Members is their extensive business networks; this is very helpful as it helps each intern extend their own personal networks via events.

I really can't stress the importance of doing an internship in the modern era; we live in an incredibly competitive working environment. Having an incredible internship which only Dream Careers can offer will really benefit anybody to stand out from the competition, when applying for jobs. I currently have a lucrative job with IBM and it is truly hard to imagine how I would be in this privileged position had I not done my Dream Careers internship. I remember my job interview consisted mostly of talking about Dream Careers and the benefits of the program, and how said benefits made me an ideal applicant for the role that I am now in.

Aside from the professional and social benefits which I have discussed, Dream Careers also gave me a lot of other opportunities. Being in New York, one of the fashion capitals of the world, I was lucky to be scouted for a modelling contract. As a result I now have modelling contracts in New York and London. I know that other interns landed themselves in similar situations just from being in the right place at the right time. Furthermore, if you choose to give Dream Careers the right to offer you the experiences and memories of a lifetime, then there are also other benefits. One of the main ones is that just because you have secured an internship in New York (or anywhere else for that matter) does not mean that you cannot in your free time look for future job opportunities. New York is a city of opportunities, but don't just take my word for it. Experience it for yourself! Dream bigger and challenge yourself. If you want to achieve your career goals then go to Dream Careers to make this a reality. I do not speak for myself when I say that after completing my Dream Careers internship from June - August I may never have a better Summer in my life.

Jessica
Florida
Florida State University

A chance to grow and surpass your goals

Dream Careers will open your eyes to opportunities and a world of growth potential through amazing internships, valuable networking events, and the chance to explore your dream destination. Each day was a learning opportunity filled with an exciting agenda. After a day at work I would arrive home and spend time with my roommates by going out to dinner before attending a dream careers event. I loved being surrounded by other students working towards similar goals because I was able to build lasting friendships with people from all over the world. These connections provided me with an enriching summer and will continue to benefit me in the future. The dream careers staff is very interactive and loves to work with participants on professional development. By participating in this program you will grow into a better version of yourself and begin your professional career. I highly recommend this program!

Offer paid internships as well

Devin
Tempe, AZ
Arizona State University

Dream Careers Changed My Life

I will admit I was a little hesitant about Dream Careers, just by looking at the website it seemed too good to be true. I tried to look for a NYC internship on my own, and was not successful. My college career center recommended Dream Careers to me, and that is when I knew I needed to check the website again. I am so glad I did, as a busy college student they took all the stress away for me. They helped me build my resume, found the perfect internship, and provided me with housing. The best part was being surrounded by other college students who were ambitious, and being around staff members that supported your wildest dreams. Before my summer with Dream Careers I was terrified of life after college, but now I cannot wait to graduate and embark on my dream job in NYC.

Anne
Aarhus, Denmark

The People Make The Experience

I arrived at NY University Hall after 16 hours of flying half way across the world, 1 hour in a local bus, 20 minutes in the hot subway and 6 blocks of walking with two huge suitcases in the baking sun. I though; what the hell did I get myself into this time, and then my sweet summer staff came to meet, greet and save me and my suitcases on 14th Street, and I knew my newest adventure was going to be fine.

I love traveling and experience new things, but an internship was, at the time, a whole new concept for me. Literately. I am not American and working an entire summer for the experience alone was new. But with the help of Dream Careers it would be easy to find an internship and a place to stay in NY, so I thought why not try it?

I did and I had an amazing experience! I worked long hours at my internship and spend a lot, if not all, my energy there during the week. However, I always made sure to join the program's seminars, workshops, events or hangouts or whatever we were doing. It was here I made all my friends and with them I created my best memories.

Throughout my summer I did a lot of self-discovery in regards to what I will do after college. The program gave me tools to use in the work place, how to stand out, do my job well and especially how to network my butt off. It even taught me how to deal with my, at times, very difficult boss. And for this, I will always be much better prepared for when I finish school and venture out into the work place.

But when I think back on my New York experience, I don't remember the days I spend at the office working, but rather the time me and my dream career friends and staff went to Central Park, or out to dinner, or even the Yankees Game (not a sports fan). The program, the friends I made and experiences I had are some of my best memories from New York.

I loved the Dream Career program and all it had to offer me, especially the events, workshops and social stuff we did. But with that said, I wished more program participants would join in and participate in the festivities. That way you would meet more people and have a chance of making more friends. I think the program could try and motivate the participants more so that they would want to participate.

Paolo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Temple University

If you can make it in New York, you can make it anywhere!

The headline says it all. Decided to do this program because I thought New York would be a great place to network and a place I could see myself living in and starting my career at. Dream Careers really helped me make my dream come true by providing me with great housing at a great location in the city, fun and interactive trips throughout the entire program within the city, top of the industry internships exclusively through Dream Careers, and best of all: friendships and connections that you will never forget. Dream Careers not only changed the way I value my career path but also change the way I view life. Go out and do something different at a place you never been to before and have fun with it. You won't regret anything and you will really learn from it.

The only downside to this program is that there were no meal plans throughout your entire stay so budgeting was a major problem. You must balance your meals and your daily life expenses wisely. But most of the seminars and trips did have meals provided by the Dream Careers staff.

Kelsy
Ruston, Louisiana
Louisiana Tech University

No dream is too big!

Prior to my summer interning in New York City, I had never been there before. However, I always told people after I graduated college that's where I was moving to start a new chapter of my life and my career. Call me crazy, but it was my dream, and still is. And after my Dream Careers program, it has gone from a dream to a reality.

I had a mini panic attack on my flight to the city, questioning everything, and wondering what in the world I had gotten myself into. As a small town girl from Louisiana, New York City is the complete opposite of anything I was used too (that's one of the reasons I fell so in love with it).

From the moment I touched down at JFK airport, I felt the support of Dream Careers. It presented me with an opportunity I would not have otherwise had. Throughout the summer, both at my job and through the program, I was able to learn and grow as a student, professional, friend and individual. I was able to make many important network connections, educate myself on everything that is NYC life, and find myself.

There aren't enough words in the English language to describe the amazing experience that is a Dream Careers program. The internships, the sponsored and unsponsored events and the staff are all enriching, enlightening and encouraging.

From something as small as taking the subway to work, to something as huge as making a personal delivery to Andrew Lauren's downtown penthouse (yes, that is Ralph Lauren's son), every moment and every experience during the summer is one to cherish.

I would without a doubt, highly recommend a Dream Careers program, especially this one, to any and everyone!

If I had to change one thing about this program it would be having a sponsored event similar to the dinner dance cruise at the beginning of the summer. I, and many of my friends from the program, felt that we really got to know each other on a deeper personal level that night. We're not sure if it was the exclusivity of our group on the yacht or being dressed in formal attire or the DJ dropping our favorite beats, but it was totally in our element and had it been at the beginning of the summer we feel as if we would have been able to form even more relationships that would've been that much stronger. It would have enhanced our experience even more.

Jessica
Florida
Florida State University

Develop yourself professionally and build lasting connections!

Building connections in New York City is difficult for students that are unable to break into their dream industries alone. Dream Careers is an amazing way to gain access to the career of your choice and be supported throughout the entire summer by a staff that is committed to your professional development. Every minute of this internship experience was enriching and exciting. I highly recommend any of the Dream career's programs.

Elise
Palo Alto, CA
University of Wisconsin- Madison

Dream Careers Made Getting to NYC Possible For Me

I had an amazing time interning in New York City through Dream Careers. I always wanted to go to New York, but didn't think it was an option. I wouldn't have known where to start in my internship search without the help of the staff at Dream Careers. They literally took care of everything. I'm still in touch with friends I met through the program and everyone I knew had the time of their lives living and working in New York City. My parents and I could not be happier with our investment and my experience with the program.

Not only did I have fun and work a great internship, but the extra bonuses of weekly seminars influenced and encouraged me to do my absolute best. I have used the skills I learned during the seminars about networking and finding mentors with me as I started my job search.

I would recommend this program to anyone who doesn't know where to start with their internship search and wants to end up with a quality internship experience and amazing friends and professional connections.

Are you a college student looking to set yourself apart with a competitive internship? Do you want to spend a summer gaining experience in a top company? Entertainment industry in LA? Or in finance on Wall Street?

Dream Careers is an all-inclusive internship program for