Chicago Internships | Dream Careers

Chicago Internships | Dream Careers

Dream Careers offers an all-inclusive internship programs in Chicago, complete with a custom internship placement at a top company in your field of study!

As an industry leader in placing students in the field of their choice, you can be assured you are in good hands as you make the transition from home to Chicago. Our Chicago program includes summer housing, weekend trips, career development programs, and on-site staff. Spend your summer surrounded by hundreds of college students with a competitive internship in Chicago.

Learn more about Chicago Internships by visiting our website for all the details!

• Custom Internships! Our staff works diligently to ensure you are placed in an internship field of your choice. Once accepted to the program, you are guaranteed an internship in your field before you arrive in Chicago. Our top internships in Chicago includ
  • Professional Development! Dream Careers gives you the whole package, a challenging and rewarding internship, career seminars, academic credit, and exciting excursions.
  • All-Inclusive Program! In addition to a professional staff available 24/7, we coordinate EVERY detail for you, including group housing, weekend trips, transportation to and from work, a meal plan and much more so that you can focus on your time in Chicago
  • Weekend Trips! Every summer we outline a great list of intern excursions to the top destinations in the area. Visit our website to see what we have planned for this summer.
  • Extensive Network! You will meet experts in your experience while interning in Chicago, leaving you with great references and a strong alumni network!
North America » United States of America » Chicago
Performing Arts
Tourism
Age Requirement
Weekly Hours
The tuition covers summer housing, weekend trips, a meal plan, transportation to and from work, academic credit, internship placement and career development. The program does not include your flight or your visa fees.

Sarah
Los Angeles
Ithaca College

Make New Friends, Explore New City, Have Fun =)

If you want to explore a new city with new friends and have a fun summer all while building your resume, this is the program for you! I met like minded people who are ambitious and driven like myself, and feel that I grew as a person too. I know people who now work in their field of interest, at the companies they interned for, and even a few who graduated and got jobs with Dream Careers. I still keep in touch with friends I've made through the program.

One of my favorite aspects of the program is the weekly speakers.

If you are not a US citizen this program will help set you up with visa's and everything you need to work/live abroad.
If you are a US citizen, I would not suggest going into any sort of debt for this program. It's cheaper to find resume and interview advice online, apply yourself, and find your own housing for the summer.

If your goal is a career changing internship, that's not guaranteed. My advice, don't accept an internship if it is not the dream internship you are willing to pay for. I felt suckered into an internship I was unhappy with in Chicago, and had an unhelpful response when informing the Chicago coordinators. Once they receive your money, I personally feel they make less of an effort, so be confident before you commit to anything.

CHICAGO PROGRAM:
Loyola dorm we stayed in was in an amazing location right in the city with easy access to L/Metro/Subway. Most activities I did with friends I made through the program, there is SO MUCH TO DO IN THE SUMMER THERE... Millenium Park, The Bean, Boat Tours, Movies in Parks, the Beach (there's seriously a beach in the city... you turn around you are surrounded by skyscrapers), Museums, Go to top of Tallest Building - SkyDeck/Sears Tower, Festivals including Taste of Chicago, Pride Parade, and Lollapalooza. I believe the program took us to on a day boat tour, to a horse race, to a baseball game, and gave us a beautiful lake cruise as a final event.

Hope this helps!
=)

Katherine
Gainesville, Florida
University of Florida

First Summer Away from Home

This was the first summer I was spending in a different state all by myself, and not only was it different but it was a state I had never been to. My thought on doing this program was I needed an internship before I graduated. My thought at the end of this program was I can't imagine my life without this experience. I never imagined getting as much out of this program as I did. Not only did I have a fantastic internship with some great hands-on experience in the field I love, but I also met life-long friends. I still keep in touch with them to this day. Dream Careers also planned activities throughout the weeks, which helped me explore the city safely with friends since I didn't know my way around. They also had inspiring speakers come in once a week and talk to us. I really can't imagine a better way to spend your summer away from home. It is a great way for you to take that chance and step out of your comfort zone.

I think my only suggestion would be for them to have a van pick-up at the airport maybe once or twice on the day we come in for people who are coming to the city for the first time and possibly by themselves if their family or friends didn't have the time or money to fly in with them.

Diego
Mexico

Great experience

This is a great chance to experience what you might or want to do for the rest of your life and learn A LOT. Not only that but it also gives you a chance to meet new friends and people that can help you out in the future with work or even life. For me Chicago was amazing, fell in love with the city and I'm always wanting to go back.

I would recommend this program hands down, great chances, great city, and GREAT staff.

Maybe the housing was not the best during my program but the location of it was amazing!

Kandis
Indianapolis IN
Ball State University

It wasn't easy but worth every penny.

The staff is definitely helpful frm the point of interest to when I finally got to chicago. The staff was there to help my figure out payment options because they knew I wanted to participate. Once I was there I noticed the internship wasn't quite what I was expecting. What I was doing there was what I was doing at Charlotte Russe and getting paid for but I talked to the staff and they have me different ways to change what was happening at my internship and things started to change for the better at the internship! It ended up being the best experience of my life.

Everything was honestly perfect but the dorm rooms...there was no tv! And no one brought a television because we weren't informed that there was no tv. Online and talking to the staff if said the rooms were all inclusive so maybe being more detailed on what to bring would be much helpful.

Will
West Springfield, Massachusetts

Excellent Program

I had an amazing experience with Dream Careers. As a college freshman I was able to land an amazing internship in the sports industry. My summer in Chicago allowed me to grow in so many ways both professionally and personally.

mnbaum
Pittsburgh, PA
Miami University

Melissa Baum

The program was great from start to finish. I loved my internship and all of the opportunities I had through Dream Careers, especially the networking opportunities. I would highly recommend the program.

Are you a college student looking to set yourself apart with a competitive internship? Do you want to spend a summer gaining experience in a top company? Entertainment industry in LA? Or in finance on Wall Street?

Dream Careers is an all-inclusive internship program for