Study and Intern in Vietnam

With my co-workers
With my co-workers
Internship in Vietnam
Internship in Vietnam

What do you get when you combine the holiday season and a wish to study/ intern in Vietnam?

Eligibility:

Business Development Internship
Social Work & Community Development Internship
Medical & Healthcare Internship
Finance – Banking & Laws Internship

• Affordable program fees with accommodation and excursions to Vietnam's top destinations included
  • Customization of internship placement.
  • Unique Local Buddy System & on-site Program Coordinator providing participants with culture integration and 24/7 support
  • Monthly allowance and/or other benefits are possible for students taking internship programs
  • Certificate of Completion

Yu Ning

Eye- opening experience

For the past 5 months, Abroader had helped ensure that everything is smooth-sailing for the duration of my internship. From landing in Vietnam till my return trip to Singapore. My transport pick-up from airport and accommodation were already well-planned and I settle down comfortably.
However, a problem I encountered was language barrier. Only a small portion of Vietnamese is able to converse in English or Chinese. Fortunately, basic Vietnamese lesson were provided to us by Abroaders before we venture alone. Beside the above mentioned, a booklet filled with contacts, places to go and common Viet phrases were also provided. The agents were really passionate and tried their best to meet my needs and hear my concerns. I would like to specially mention Mia and Kasia for going the extra miles.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
One of the most unfamiliar food I've tried is snail. I have never imagine myself giving snail a try my entire life. I remember being really very reluctant and hesitated for quite awhile when my friend told me to try it. I am glad that I finally gave in and try it. Another thing one should definitely try if they pay Vietnam a visit will be Bap Xao. It is a simple mixture of corn and shrimp but surprisingly delicious.
Yan ming

Thankful and Grateful

It's amazing to have our local buddies lending a helping hand while interning at a whole new environment. They were really easy to get along with and kind as well

I really enjoyed the gathering session organized by Abroader e.g. the cooking session, city tour, bowling et cetera

I love the cooking session the most, we were able to bond each and one another while cooking and enjoying the food together at the end of the day. I was also able to get a taste of their local delicacies, it was extremely delicious and I would not mind going for another event like this in the future.

In terms of growth, this entire programme made me realize how fortunate I'm really am.

I would definitely recommend this programme to students, any adults that are adventurous and willing to step out of their comfort zone.

Just enjoy the moment and step out of your comfort zone. Be wild and make some memories along the way!
George

I felt immersed in the culture in Vietnam

About my environmental engineering internship at Vinaxanh JSC, I have learned many new things that I hadn't been taught in schools before, but I wish I had more time to do independent work.
I think culture shocks and language barrier are things you can not avoid for the first time studying or doing internship abroad. Take every opportunity that arises - teaching language after work, meals with companies, travel as much as possible... really made the experience much better.

My shared apartment, everything was great except the location. It took about 40 minutes to take a bus to go to work.
Kaoru

My hospitality internship in a five-star hotel in Hanoi

At the hotel where I did my internship, I could learn a lot of things. For example, I learnt how to communicate politely with customers, how to make them satisfied and how to manage the hotel. Everyone from the supervisor to my co-workers was helpful and accommodating, I was included in all the daily meetings and the supervisor was very open to share her knowledge about hotel management which was really helpful to my future work. I really had a good experience in Vietnam.

Maile

How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

I am so incredibly lucky that I have people and things that make saying goodbye to Hanoi incredibly difficult. I was able to make friends, experience the culture, learn a little Vietnamese in the process; all those things became part of me and make it that much more difficult to say farewell to them.
About my internship at Vietnam Public Health Association, Mr. Vu Tran who is my supervisor really cared for me as a person. Some of my work were very important while others are minimal.
Overall, I am happy with my experiences in Vietnam!

I feel like the intern duties could have been more defined.

About Student Exchange Vietnam - Abroader

Student Exchange Vietnam (SE Vietnam) - Abroader was established with the mission of supporting international students to gain global awareness and local insights from ongoing engagement via Internship, Semester Abroad, Faculty-led Programs (Short...