SE Vietnam: Offers Customized Internships in Vietnam

The exciting summer has finally arrived meaning it is time for more inspiring adventures waiting for YOU to explore. For any kind of experience you are looking at, whether as a full time intern or as a student wanting to work internationally with a budget, SE Vietnam offers customized internship programs which will not only suit you and your expectations best, but also bring you a life-time adventure at the most affordable price.

- As a fast-growing economy in South East Asia, Vietnam is a promising land for career building opportunities. Also, the unique culture here will keep any visitor involved and offer them an adventure like no other.
- Full-program fee starts from $1450 USD - not just for an amazing internship, but also for a life-changing experience.
- Housing, visa and public transportation fee covered. Plus 24/7 support from our onsite staff and local buddies.

Join now for a '3 in 1' experience: professional experience, educational experience and local experience.

Natasha

SE Vietnam was able to fix the issues!

All of my coworkers were friendly and welcoming and taught me about life in Vietnam. However, what the company wanted from me was different from what I wanted to get out of my experience in Vietnam and working for the company. […] SE Vietnam did a great job with the service provided to me. They are not entirely at fault for the situation at the company I worked for, and they were able to fix the situation at the end. I was satisfied with the rest of the services provided by SE Vietnam. The Local Buddy system is a good way to have a proper cultural exchange and the host family I was set up with was perfect. All of the employees at SE Vietnam were also very helpful and genuinely care about me.

Wish that the host company could have helped me learn about businesses in Vietnam work and teach me about culture more.
Monica

I felt like I was making an important contribution in the community

My first internship placement, at Bac Lung Secondary School, was excellent. I love living and teaching there, and I wish I could have stayed the entire time. I felt like I was making an important contribution in the community in allowing the students to learn English from a foreigner when they might not get that chance otherwise. Obviously, having to move and change everything halfway through my internship was not ideal. Since I came to Vietnam expecting to live in the countryside and teach English the entire time, the move to the city, where I could no longer teach, was frustrating. That being said, my experience in Hanoi ended up much better than I could have expected, and I am grateful for the opportunity to go outside my comfort zone living in the city. One of the best parts of my experience was the local buddy system. […] it was invaluable for me to have him (the local buddy) as a support and confidant. My experience would not have been the same without him.

I was satisfied with everything while I lived in Bac Giang. But I think interns in Hanoi should be placed in positions where they have the opportunities receive pay, or at least stipend, from their company.
Bryant

Satisfied with everything

I am satisfied with everything that SE Vietnam arranged for me. Everyone was extremely responsive, my questions/concerns were always addressed within 24 hours; everyone I interacted with worked extremely hard to make sure my internship fit well and went smoothly. It took time and effort for both parties, but it was necessary in order to ensure a worthwhile experience. My supervisor at my host company was great at communicating exactly what she expected me to do without micro-managing. Many times, she gave me the freedom to problem solve on my own, which contributed a lot to the learning experience. She understood that my well-being and holistic learning experience were the highest priorities, even above my day-to-day internship responsibilities. Every time I encountered health challenges (3 different times) or had the opportunity to experience a different side of Vietnam, she was extremely supportive and encouraging, even when I felt obligated to work. I would definitely recommend this program to my friends/colleagues that are interested in doing internship abroad.

Alanna

I LEARNED A LOT!

“My internship is an education service provider that connects Vietnamese students with opportunities to study abroad. It is a small office, and I work in both Marketing and Partner Relations. I write a lot of PR articles about studying in North America, school profiles and upcoming events. I am also working to expand their partnerships, particularly in my home country of Canada, and am connecting with universities and colleges there to discuss how we can work together. During education fairs I talk directly with students who are potential clients. I share my experiences and answer their questions about life abroad… I learned a lot about how to work in a fast pace environment, and how to organize competing priorities, as I am often given multiple tasks to work on. Working in a small office with young, motivated people is a great experience, because they know how to work really hard, while still having fun together. […] Vietnam is even more beautiful than I had imagined. I think it’s amazing that Hanoi is such a busy urban area, yet there are parks and lakes around every corner. Outside of the city the scenery is breathtaking. I love that there are so many opportunities to experience nature, with activities such as kayaking, hiking and rock climbing.”

Hajime

Language barrier

The most difficulty in my internship was language barrier. It was the first time to visit Vietnam and learn Vietnamese for me. When I worked with co-worker, I felt I looked like a baby that I can't understand what they said, and speak Vietnamese.

Flexibility for different environment is very important.
A'qilah

Eduventure

The experience felt sure now that I am back in my own country. Vietnam is place of wonders where I just cannot put my camera down to capture every single memory I have.

The culture is unique so of course culture shock, in a good way, will be part of the experience. Tourist sites are here and there but Halong Bay is a must go place. Shopping, cheap and amazing.

Tourist craze aside, being a student in Vietnam also have its own highlights. Lecturers are very committed to their work and students are fairly shy yet helpful and are very much interested to bring you to their view of Vietnam. I have pretty much learned the history of Vietnam although briefly and looking around the locals there, you will realize how strong and ambitious they are for a better future for their country.

Information for Halal restaurant or meat,chicken and alcohol free restaurants would be useful for Muslims
Soulivong

Amazing Experience

Studying in Vietnam provides me a lot of new experience and knowledge. since I come here, I have never stopped learning; information comes from everywhere not only from the class, but also from people who live here, they are friendly and willing to help me. Environment here is also great, I often go for a walk in the evening to see beautiful rivers and mountains around the campus, this is an amazing experience.

Interesting program
Nadhirah

6 months experience

The work ethics here are different. No matter what position they hold everyone here are given a chance to state their opinions and ideas' Therefore they exchange knowledge and skills no matter how high their rank is in an institution. Everyone give an effort to learn something new especially about your culture and religion, therefore you should also open your self to the local people. At first it is kinda weird when people in the office like to sleep during lunch hour but after some research, a short nap can result in high concentration of doing your work. As a third year student, i am still far from the ''working world'' and my colleagues are patience and sincerely guiding my work for the past 6 months. And for that, I am very grateful as asking too much can be a nerve-wrecking.

Again, thank you.

Please improve the coordination of the task. sometimes i am doing that and this. Therefore losing tracks of things and time.

About Student Exchange Vietnam

Student Exchange Vietnam (SE Vietnam) was established with the mission of supporting international students to gain global awareness and local insights from ongoing engagement via Internship, Semester Abroad, Faculty-led Programs (Short Courses) in...