Intern in Africa on the award-winning gender empowerment initiative, The Girl Impact, founded by African Impact and the African Impact Foundation. This pioneering initiative works in three countries across East and Southern Africa, working with girls, women, boys and men to bring about gender equality.
As an intern on one of the four programs below, you will support young girls who are faced with social isolation, high rates of gender-based violence, economic vulnerability, and lack of appropriate health services. We work to give girls a better start to womanhood and ensure the boys and men in their community see the value of healthy, educated and empowered women.
Each location has a slightly difference focus, detailed below, but all four internships speak to someone who is passionate about gender issues, developing hard-skills in a non-profit role and using their strengths to mentor and provide support on education, health, prevention of early pregnancy, personal safety.
- Pick from 4 iconic locations; Cape Town or Zululand in South Africa, Livingstone in Zambia, or Moshi in Tanzania
- Contribute to tangible, positive change that impacts over 300 girls and women across East and Southern Africa
- Include boys in the conversation, influencing a change in behavior that contributes to gender equality
- Be supported by 3 individual mentors, enhancing your professional and personal development
- Gain real-life experience in the development sector, creating, monitoring and growing our programs