- Enhance your CV with an international internship in one of seven spectacular destinations.
- Gain valuable work experience in the NGO and international development sector.
- Develop skills such as leadership, time and people management while gaining valuable experience in the field of charity operations.
- Experience a true cultural exchange working and living in a foreign country and work alongside local people and other internationals.
- Get involved in and help us grow our community and conservation projects.
Please note: You can join this internship in Zambia, South Africa or Tanzania.
The African Impact Foundation is a registered Charity and Non-profit in the United Kingdom, Zambia and South Africa. From its base in Cape Town, it runs 24 projects around the framework of Education, Enrichment and Empowerment of the 7 cities in 4 countries around Eastern and Southern Africa. The African Impact Foundation was borne out of the relationship volunteers on the award-winning African Impact projects had to the communities they experienced and wanted to continue to support. The African Impact Foundation was therefore established to responsibly distribute funds to projects and to support the sustainable development of the communities we have established strong relationships with.
Over the course of its existence, The African Impact Foundation in partnership with African Impact is proud to have contributed to the building of clinics, crèches and school classrooms, provided communities with education and skills training and helped beneficiaries improve their well-being and quality of life through improved nutrition and the provision of health care services. Projects are varied depending on the country, town, or community that you will be working in.
As an intern you will have the opportunity to assist with fundraising for rural clinics and schools, creating and maintaining community food gardens, teaching in preschools, and working on HIV and AIDS, healthcare and medical projects. During your internship you’ll also gain practical work experience abroad and learn about non-profit operations and management as you work alongside local staff. The internship is customized to maximize on your experience in any of the 7 beautiful locations above-mentioned, in a well-supported structure which includes a Professional Development Coach.