Zachary Bron

What position do you hold at Kalu Yala? What has been your career path so far?

Zachary: The position I hold is the Outdoor Recreation Director. I studied at San Francisco State University for a BS in recreation, parks and tourism administration and and a minor in geography. My work path has fully embodied recreation.

I have worked for the city and county of San Francisco’s Department of Recreation and Parks for two years gaining municipal recreation experience. I have worked for camps including one that serviced kids with learning disabilities. My path has been to improve the quality of life for others through recreational experiences and learning the bast practices for doing so.

Did YOU study abroad?! If so, where and what inspired you to go?

Zachary: The only time I studied abroad was my participation as an intern at Kalu Yala. I was inspired by the adventure behind working in a new environment.

What does the future hold for Kalu Yala - any exciting new programs to share?

Zachary: There are many new projects in the works, but one that I am sincerely anticipating is the world class zip-line course that is in the works. This will not only be extremely exciting and fun to do, but we plan to involve interns in operating aspects of the zip-line program, providing additional experience offered by the Outdoor Rec program.

What do you believe to be the biggest factor in being a successful company?

Zachary: Having a healthy chemistry between staff. We respect yet challenge each other.

What country have you always wanted to visit?

Zachary: New Zealand. The mecca of outdoor recreation!

What was your favorite traveling experience?

Zachary: I went to Israel and WWOOFed for three months. I worked on 4 different farms, including a very special goat farm which I had spent a little over a month working at.

What unique qualities does your company possess?

Zachary: We posses a unanimous mentality that influences everybody who visits our company. A mentality that cares for each other as much as for the greater good. It produces hard working and kind people. We are a family, but we have open arms.

Describe a time when you felt especially proud to be part of the Kalu Yala team.

Zachary: When we hosted a TEDx summit event at our property. So many people were able to see all our hard work put into our programs. They saw how well we worked as a team during the even and I was very proud of us all.