Sarah Guo

Title
Teacher
Sarah Guo is one of the teachers at That’s Mandarin Beijing School. She loves learning about new cultures and making friends with people from all over the world.

Why did you decide to become a teacher?

There are many reasons why I wanted to become a teacher but three points stick out in my mind. It all began because I have always believed the teaching profession gives you a real sense of accomplishment and this really inspired me become a teacher. Secondly, I am very interested in learning about different cultures. As a Chinese language teacher you get to meet foreigners and see life from a different point of view. Lastly I decided to become a teacher as I want to keep developing new skills and the teaching profession allows you to study and build up a variety of qualifications.

What unique qualities does your company possess?

I think it is the way we get to interact with the students and help them in a unique and really interesting way. For instance, I really enjoy teaching the topic classes that we offer at That’s Mandarin. During these classes students express their opinions in Chinese and I love this because it makes me feel very proud of my students. Also culturally it is very interesting because I get an insight into the opinions of people from all over the world.

What’s the most important thing you have learned about teaching?

I studied to become a teacher at That’s Mandarin and now I have been teaching for more than 7 years. In that time I have learned a lot about respect and the different levels of respect. We should always respect ourselves, our colleagues, our students, every nationality, culture and belief. As a teacher I learn to celebrate and enjoy people’s differences. It is very fulfilling.