Alex Mahan

Title
Student Experience Manager
Alex Mahan is the Student Experience Manager at Gap Medics for Iringa, Pula and Krakow. She's thrilled to have the opportunity to work for a young and growing company, providing experiences which will truly benefit students’ future careers!
Gap Medics: Pre-health programs

Describe your role at Gap Medics.

My job involves preparing students for travel to the destinations I manage, dealing with all the enquiries they and their family make via phone and email, and communicating with overseas teams to ensure they have the best time possible while they’re out there.

What do you enjoy most about your job?

I love the fact that I get to speak with students every day and share in their excitement! I also really enjoy working with our overseas teams.

Any amazing moments?

I really enjoyed meeting the overseas staff for the first time when they came to the UK!

What unique qualities does your company possess?

We are unique because not many people do what we do - combine travel with something that will actually benefit students’ futures, and provide actual work experience.

Why do you think students choose Gap Medics?

The support from the overseas teams that we offer, the comfort that provides, and the homely feel of accommodation! I think students also love the additional things we offer outside of placement, like language lessons, local dance performances and amazing houses in amazing locations. This really adds to their experience.

What advice would you give to anyone considering a placement with Gap Medics?

Do it!! Give yourself plenty of time to prepare and save, so you can fully make the most of the experience!