Esther Campos Pizarro

Title
Founder
Esther is a lover of Spain, its culture and customs, but also loves traveling around the world. Through travel, she discovered how many people love Spain and want to learn Spanish. After many years working in a bank, she wanted to change her life and to do something really interesting... and now, here she is, running Spanish in Nature.

What is your favorite travel memory?

Esther, Spanish in Nature Founder

I have a very good memory about a trip to Perú with Alvaro (who is now my husband). It was fantastic, we traveled around Perú, from Cordillera Blanca to Machupichu, we met interesting people in the mountains, and there I climbed my first 6,000 meter mountain (Pisco). We decided to get married there as well!

How have you changed/grown since working for your current company?

I'm happy to be working in my own company. It allows me more family time, and most importantly, I'm doing what I really like and have the opportunity to make students happy.

What is the best story you've heard from a return student?

In February 2016 we had a student, and adult and lover of Spain, specifically the Camino de Santiago. He has friends in Spain and each year he comes to Spain to walk El Camino with them. This summer he came back to Spain and all his friends were very astonished about the improvement in his communication skills.

If you could go on any program that your company offers, which one would you choose and why?

The ability to study and live at a teacher´s home is my favorite part of the programs. Students live and study with us, which gives a cozy and pleasant environment, which different from a traditional school.

It is real immersion in the Spanish language, and the best way to improve the Spanish skills in a short time. Students are our guests and part of the family, and they have the opportunity to learn Spanish participating in our daily life.

What makes your company unique? When were you especially proud of your team?

We have an excellent team and we have awesome facilities. We have a goal of helping students to improve their Spanish while they have fun. And because of this, we make students feel at home.

I feel proud of our team when I see them enjoying their job, and every time a student write us a review of gratitude.

What do you believe to be the biggest factor in being a successful company?

We are unique in our location as we are surrounded by 7 World Heritage Sites, all of them between 10 minutes walking and 60 minutes by car. Moreover, Madrid itself is an outstanding place.

We are a small and cozy school, where the students feel at home, they come as students and go back home as friends.