Staff Spotlight: Ali Moss-Thomas

Title:
Senior Events & Partnerships Executive

Photos

What is your favorite travel memory?

I have been very fortunate to have travelled to many amazing places over the years. Highlights of my travels include a roadtrip across Italy and seven weeks in India.

In India, we arrived in Delhi and spent a few weeks making the journey down to the beaches of Goa, mostly by train, taking in the sights of the country and exploring small villages and towns wherever we could. From the religious rituals of the Ganges in Varanasi, to the palaces of Udaipur and the architecture and colorful markets of Jaipur; it really was the trip of a lifetime.

In Italy, we travelled in an old VW campervan, exploring the Renaissance towns, getting lost in Tuscany and enjoying long, lazy days in fisherman's villages on the Amalfi coast. I love spending a little longer in each place when traveling, getting to live like a local - finding the best places to eat, the best shops for local produce and getting immersed in the culture of a country.

Most recently, I spent a few days in New York. We visited at the start of February and arrived to a covering of snow across the city. It was my first visit and I'm already desperate to return. From the people to the food, and the architecture to the views, the whole trip was an experience not to be missed.

How have you changed/grown since working for your current company?

Debrett's has allowed me to hugely develop in terms of confidence and social skills, propelling me forward in terms of my career and working relationships.

The business has given me so many opportunities to grow as a member of the team, including international travel and planning events around the world and I've met some incredibly inspiring people along the way.

What is the best story you've heard from a return student?

It's been wonderful seeing how students grow in confidence and independence after spending time with us in London.

London has something for everyone and students that attend the program have a chance to explore historical landmarks, cultural attractions and academic institutions alike, all of which make up the social fabric of the city. Seeing students navigate themselves around the city, plan their travel and take responsibility for choosing how to spend their free time and it's amazing to see the students, non-dependent on age, take this in their stride as the program progresses.

The feedback we receive from students that have participated in the Young Achiever Program is always hugely positive - from the friendships students make and maintain after returning home, to the cultural experiences they have enjoyed and how much easier they have found things like interviews and presentations when back at school or applying to universities.

What makes your company unique? When were you especially proud of your team?

A genuine passion from the whole team for the Debrett's Academy offering. Our students come from a variety of different countries and backgrounds and we always ensure a platform for students to communicate their feedback to make sure our courses are continually improving.

We look to improve skills and outlooks of those that join us and this development journey is key to the company's aims, combined with an inherent balance between fun activities and lessons.

Everyone works amazingly well together as a team, supporting and encouraging each other across the business.

What do you believe to be the biggest factor in being a successful company?

For me, a passionate team is unrivaled in ensuring a successful company. The best brand ambassadors should come from within the team and this is certainly true of Debrett's, with the team promoting all areas of the business. Combined with word of mouth, it is these recommendations that have ensured the strength of the Debrett's brand for nearly 250 years.

The same is true of the tutors on the Young Achiever Program who are there for the whole journey from booking your place, arranging travel to London, arriving at the house and for the duration of the program, on hand to answer any questions big or small.