Staff Spotlight: Shen Hong

Title:
COO

Photos

Shen is a young Chinese girl who was born and lives in beautiful Hangzhou City in China. She enjoys helping students from different countries to have a perfect professional Chinese experience. Since opening Internship Union in 2016, she has communicated with over 500 students from all over the world.

What is your favorite travel memory?

I have been to Singapore, Japan, Taiwan, Malaysia, Thailand and several other countries. I like the combination of the islands and the sea - the landscape is beautiful, and the seafood is always delicious.

That being said, my favorite place is still my hometown, Hangzhou, which is famous for its West Lake, the G20 meeting, and Alibaba. I hope that more and more students can love it as much as I do and begin a business of their own there.

How have you changed/grown since working for your current company?

I have changed a lot since setting up and working at Internship Union. I have met so many nice and interesting international students and learned a lot about their different cultures. I have also become more confident in facing challenges.

What is the best story you've heard from a return student?

Most students are in China for the very first time. They are amazed by the beautiful scenery and modern urban construction, as well as the advanced developments in science and technology. Students often face challenges in the beginning and can feel lonely in a totally different country. As time passes, they fit into their new life in China and end up enjoying it a lot. I am so pleased to see this change happen in our interns.

If you could go on any program that your company offers, which one would you choose and why?

I would choose our free internship and culture exchange program, though we're in the process of creating more program options for students to fit their individual situations.

What makes your company unique? When were you especially proud of your team?

Our program is totally free for students who want to experience Chinese culture. Our team is young, active, efficient and professional. We supply 24/7 emergency assistance for students, and are always around to help.