Staff Spotlight: Mohammed Mekkaoui

Title:
Manager

Photos

Mohammed works at OISE Paris school as a manager and is involved in commercial and logistical management. His main goal is to ensure a good quality of service and communication in order to make sure clients are satisfied. He is happy to welcome students from all over the world, as he is also a very international person.

What is your favorite travel memory?

Two months ago, I traveled with four of my French friends to the Atlas Mountains where I grew up. We went camping and caught fish that I prepared and cooked for the group, met with locals, and were constantly in contact with nature. It was an unforgettable experience.

How have you changed/grown since working for your current company?

I have been working for OISE Formation for 2 years now. I had no professional experience at all when I started working at the school. Today, I feel much more self-confident, I know much more about French culture and cultural differences between people of different nationalities.

What is the best story you've heard from a return student?

Sam (from Ethiopia) spent two weeks with us at OISE Paris in 2016. He started from scratch, his level of French was close to 0. He could only say "oui" and "bonjour".

At the end of the first week, he was able to present in French in front of a small audience. When he was about to go back home he wrote me an email to tell me how proud he was -- he had to express himself only in French with the airport staff when he got stuck with excess baggage.

If you could go on any program that your company offers, which one would you choose and why?

I would choose the "Learn French and Horseriding ", program. This program offers students an intensive course in French and the opportunity to put their language skills to use while practicing equestrianism.

It is a good chance to learn, practice & have fun. I warmly recommend this program to all students who have the spirit of adventure and for those who want to try something special. Or to people who definitely want to improve their French equestrian skills.

What makes your company unique? When were you especially proud of your team?

What makes our company unique are the many common values we share, our respect for cultural differences, teamwork, and goodwill.

One day, last summer, a young student (9 years old) was especially tired and nervous during the class. He had to leave the room one some point in order not to disturb the rest of the group. One of my staff members suggested that I take this young guy up to the top of the Tour Montparnasse just to have fun with him, to let him have a panoramic view of Paris and to calm down.

What do you believe to be the biggest factor in being a successful company?

The biggest factors in being successful company are the quality of your product, having a good relationship with your customer and a deep respect for them.