Are you a recent graduate thinking about teaching and living abroad? Come to teach English in Spain and gain some international experience. Receive a monthly income, TEFL training provided by a Spanish University and paid by the program and ongoing in-country support.
Candidates are encouraged to apply asap there are a few placements available!
Live a once in a lifetime opportunity!
Becoming a Language Assistant in a Spanish school with Meddeas is a unique experience that will stay with you forever. During one academic year, you will be enrolled in a structured program and teach 20 hours a week in one of the 200 educational centers we work with. Gain international experience teaching English in Spain and add transferable skills to your resume. Don't miss the opportunity to discover a new culture and language, paying no fees and with a guaranteed monthly income, which is more than enough to live in Spain as a student.
Spain receives 63 million tourists every year thanks to its 41 UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Sites. It has a unique, vibrant and welcoming culture. At the same time it is a Western European country with affordable living standards and high personal security levels. At last but not least, learning Spanish will boost you employability.
So what type of opportunity to teach English abroad does Meddeas offer?
According to your background and interests, there is a Meddeas program for you that will include a university-certified course and a placement to teach English in Spain.
• Qualifications: degree in English Language or Education OR any degree + TEFL certificate
• Conversation practice with up to 15 pupils
• Monthly stipend: 932 Euros OR 482 Euros + full board accommodation with a host family
• Qualifications: any degree
• Conversation practice with up to 8 pupils
• Monthly stipend: 882 Euros OR 432 Euros + full board accommodation with a host family
• Minimum qualifications: any degree
• Conversation practice with small groups OR assisting the main teacher
• Monthly stipend: 330 Euros + full board accommodation with a host family
Depending on your preferences and motivations, there are two lodging options: full board accommodation with a host family or independently housing. Families in these programs are linked to the school and chosen by its principal. In fact, they host the Language Assistant on a volunteer basis to experience a cultural and linguistic immersion. The main idea of this cultural exchange is that, when they are not at school, Language Assistants will spend half of their time interacting with the family in English and the other half interacting in Spanish, travelling or enjoying their spare time as they want. During the program, the family will cover meals and accommodation expenses.
The sooner you apply the more possibilities you'll have of being offered a suitable placement, so we encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible.
• Join a Spanish school as a Language Assistant teaching 20 hours per week
• Take a certified course given by a Spanish university and paid by the program.
• Receive a guaranteed monthly allowance, more than enough to live in Spain as a student
• Obtain help opening a bank account
• Participate in a program run by a serious and professional organization
• Have ongoing in-country support from the school's tutor and from Meddeas
• Get initial training and participate in teaching workshops
• Receive a certificate of completion at the end of the program
• Teach children aged two to eighteen. Learners' English levels range from beginner to advanced
• Enjoy paid school holidays (except for the summer period)
• Pay no fees