Discover Korea and teach English in Korean public schools through the English Program In Korea (EPIK).
Korea, also known as the land of the morning calm, is a colorful and beautiful country situated between China and Japan. It is home to traditional cultural sites as well as bustling modern metropolitan areas. Korea is an excellent opportunity for teachers to work in a beautiful, safe environment while experiencing unique Korean culture.
EPIK is affiliated with the Korean Ministry of Education and has the objective of improving the English speaking abilities of Korean students. In order to achieve this objective, EPIK employs native English speaking teachers and places them in Korean public schools throughout the country. EPIK is an excellent opportunity that provides a great opportunity for teachers to begin and/or develop their careers. EPIK is known for its fair recruiting procedures, so do not hesitate to apply.
Why ESL Consulting -Seoul ESL?
We, ESL Consulting- SeoulESL, are an official partner of EPIK and are also licensed by the Korean government. We are located in South Korea and have built a large network among schools throughout Korea over the past decade. We have intricate knowledge of the EPIK employment system and can guide applicants through the employment process in order to ensure their success. With the assistance of our experienced, capable staff, you will be able to achieve your dream of working in Korea.
- School Type: Korean public schools (elementary ~ high school)
- Location: Spanning across all of South Korea
- Starting Date: Spring/Fall
- Teaching age group: Elementary ~ high school students
- Salary: 2.0~2.7 million Korean Won per month
- Contract Length: One year (renewable)
- Vacation: about 18 days & national holiday
- Working Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00AM ~ 5:00PM
||| Private English Schools |||
Opposed to public schools, private English schools in Korea and China recruit native English teachers all year round. Private schools are located throughout all of Korea and applicants can choose which location they want to work in. There are various types of schools depending on the student age group and the purpose of the school. Applicants can choose which school they want to apply to based on age group, working hours, benefits, and other conditions.
- Be a citizen of a country where English is the primary language (must be from USA, Canada, UK, New Zealand, Ireland, Australia or South Africa)
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Possess no criminal history
- Rent free fully furnished single housing
- Severance payment (approx. one month’s salary)
- National pension
- Health insurance
- 300,000 KRW Settlement allowance
- 2,000,000 KRW Renewal allowance upon contract renewal
- 1,300,000 KRW Entrance allowance
- 1,300,000 KRW Exit allowance
- EPIK orientation (7~10 days)
- Income Tax Exemption (US,AU,NZ,UK, SA citizens only)
* Benefits are subject to changes depending on the program.