Are you a recent graduate looking for a valuable professional experience in Spain? Start teaching English in Spain in September 2019 and finish in June 2020. Receive a monthly income, TEFL-related training (paid by the programme), and ongoing in-country support. After the first few days at school, participants will be asked to use their own initiative, find resources and prepare their own engaging and fun activities or games.
Due to visa application deadlines, we can only accept applications for placements starting in the fall from: EU passport holders and/or candidates registered in a state/jurisdiction corresponding to one of the following consulates: Chicago, Washington DC or Miami.
- Deadline: July 7th
- Program length: September 2019 to June 2020
During one academic year, participants will teach 20 hours a week in one of the 200 schools Meddeas works with. Gain international experience and add transferable skills to your CV. Don’t miss the opportunity to discover a new culture and language, paying no fees and with a guaranteed monthly income, which is more than enough to live in Spain as a student.
The Role of a Language Assistant
During one academic year, participants will teach 20 hours a week in one of the 200 schools Meddeas works with. A Language Assistant is a native-level speaker of English, French or German, who supports the school’s language teachers and helps students with conversation practice. The tasks differ from the ones in a teaching assistant role and include encouraging oral practice of the foreign language; explaining the culture of their home country; helping in other subjects such as science, art, P.E.; acting as a role model for correct pronunciation and grammar; and collaborating with teaching staff in creating teaching materials and planning lessons.
After teaching English abroad, Language Assistants add transferable skills to their CVs, such as public speaking, language skills, creativity, team working, topic preparation, patience, maturity, autonomy, and cultural awareness.
- Native-level English speaker
- Recent graduates (last four years) OR last-year university students
- No previous teaching experience needed (but valued
- Someone who enjoys working with children and/or young people
- Energetic and creative
- Competence in the Spanish language is not required
- No criminal records
• Guaranteed monthly allowance, more than enough to live in Spain as a student
• Paid school holidays (except for the summer period)
• Spanish public healthcare coverage
• Initial training and teaching workshops
• Certified course given by a Spanish university and paid by the programme
• Professional placement in a Spanish school, teaching 20 hours per week
• Help opening a bank account
• Programme run by a serious and professional organisation
• Ongoing in-country support from the school’s tutor and from Meddeas
• Certificate of completion at the end of the programme
• Children aged two to eighteen. Learners' English levels range from beginner to advanced
• No fees attached