Teach English in Spain; receive a monthly income, TEFL-related training and ongoing in-country support. Boost your CV with this international experience that will require to use your own initiative!
We currently have two starting dates:
•January 2020 until May/June 2020: this intake is only available for EU passport holders due to visa deadlines.
•September 2020 until May/ June 2021
What would you do at school?
A Language Assistant is a native-level speaker of English, French or German, who supports the school’s language teachers and helps students with conversation practice. Their tasks include encouraging oral practice of the foreign language; explaining the culture of their home country; helping with other subjects such as science, art, P.E.; and collaborating with teaching staff in creating teaching materials and planning your own lessons.
- Native-level English speaker
- Recent graduates (last four years) OR last-year university students
- No previous teaching experience needed (but valued
- Someone who enjoys working with children and/or young people
- Energetic and creative
- Competence in the Spanish language is not required
- No criminal records
- Guaranteed monthly allowance, more than enough to live in Spain as a student
- Paid school holidays (except for the summer period)
- Spanish public healthcare coverage
- Initial training and teaching workshops
- Certified course given by a Spanish university and paid by the programme
- Professional placement in a Spanish school, teaching 20 hours per week
- Help opening a bank account
- Programme run by a serious and professional organisation
- Ongoing in-country support from the school’s tutor and from Meddeas
- Certificate of completion at the end of the programme
- Children aged two to eighteen. Learners' English levels range from beginner to advanced
- No fees attached