Did you graduate from your bachelor’s degree sometime in the last four years and you want to have an international teaching experience? Teach English in Spain next academic year and boost your CV becoming a Language Assistant in a Spanish school.The placement runs from September 2020 to May/June 2021.
This Spanish immersion program will allow you to become fluent in Spanish, which is spoken in 22 countries around the world. Participants will find themselves accepted into a welcoming culture and will enjoy an easygoing lifestyle, with plenty of opportunities to travel and explore what this rich country has to offer. With more than 40 Unesco World Heritage Sites, Spain will be a unique place to grow culturally and globally.
Use your own initiative to help your students with their conversation practice, create teaching materials, and plan your own classes. You may also be asked to help in other subjects such as science, art, P.E. It’s the best opportunity to share your home-country traditions and embrace the Spanish culture.
Candidates are encouraged to apply asap there are a few placements available!
Main Perks of the Programme
-Placements in more than 200 schools all over Spain
-Teach between 20-25 hours per week
-Receive a monthly grant: €880-1,100 per month (enough to live in Spain as a young professional)
-Two lodging options: independent housing or full board accommodation with a volunteer host family
-Certified TEFL course given by a Spanish university and paid by the programme
-Spanish public healthcare coverage
-Spanish is not required
-Help opening a bank account
-Paid school holidays (except for the summer period)
-No fees attached
Don’t miss the opportunity to gain international experience becoming a Language Assistant in Spain!
- Native-level English speaker
- Recent graduates (last four years) OR last-year university students
- No previous teaching experience needed (but valued
- Someone who enjoys working with children and/or young people
- Energetic and creative
- Competence in the Spanish language is not required
- No criminal records
- Guaranteed monthly allowance, more than enough to live in Spain as a student
- Paid school holidays (except for the summer period)
- Spanish public healthcare coverage
- Initial training and teaching workshops
- Certified course given by a Spanish university and paid by the programme
- Professional placement in a Spanish school, teaching 20 hours per week
- Help opening a bank account
- Programme run by a serious and professional organisation
- Ongoing in-country support from the school’s tutor and from Meddeas
- Certificate of completion at the end of the programme
- Children aged two to eighteen. Learners' English levels range from beginner to advanced
- No fees attached