If you are looking for a program to learn a new culture & language and travel abroad on a low budget, Edu-Pal China is definitely the best choice for you!
The Edu-Pal China (EPC) program offers an immersive language/cultural exchange experience between English-speaking young adults, aged 18 to 35, who are eager to discover Chinese language and culture, and like-minded Chinese host-families, who are interested in sharing their home and learning English (or another language).
You, as an Edu-Pal, would be considered as an “older sibling” to the child(ren) in your host family. Your primary focus would be to facilitate English learning in your home environment. In exchange for your educational assistance, you will be offered the Chinese language (Mandarin) classes, cultural events, and cross-country cultural excursions! In addition to the food and accommodation provided by your host family, you will also receive a monthly stipend of “pocket money” and scholarship & flight compensation.
Edu-Pal support is one of our top priorities. We provide one Facilitator for every ten Edu-Pals, in addition to a one on one Peer-Mentor support system, to ensure that each participant is well supported. We will be there for you every step of the way. When you arrive at the airport, you will see our faces waiting for you; when you meet your host family, we will be there to help you adjust to your new environment; when you have a question or concern, we will meet with you face-to-face or via text message, to support you with your needs.
Why choose Edu-Pal China? Well, with our uniquely designed language curriculum, invaluable cultural events, and amazing travel opportunities, you can expand your knowledge on Chinese language and culture much more efficiently than in your home country, or otherwise. What better way is there to learn, grow, and create a lifetime of memories in China, with a limited budget? With your passion for language and your love for spending time with children, you are being offered a life-changing experience, which also reflects well on your resume!
- 18-35 years old and fluency in English
- fluency in English and from United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand or South Africa
- Mentally and physically healthy and Pass a Background Check
- with childcare or teaching experience.
- Interested in Chinese culture and language.
• Monthly stipend of 1,500 RMB (approx. $215 USD)
• Flights compensation and Completion bonus up to 5,500 RMB (approx. $800 USD).
• Accommodation (fully furnished private room with WIFI) and Meals
• Personalized pre-departure and post arrival support
• Required visa documentation and assistance in applying
• Orientation in Shenzhen China
• Weekly Chinese (Mandarin) classes 4 classes each week.
• Once-every-two-week cultural activities like Shadow Boxing, Kungfu, Calligraphy, cooking traditional food, etc.
• Airport pickup and help you settle down with family.
• Emergency assistance and support from bilingual staff
• Club activities for you and your host families
• Cultural awareness training and support for your teaching with host children.
• A lasting experience that will bring change to your life.