Shane English School Taiwan is one of the fastest-growing English language centres in Taiwan, taking on over 100 new teachers each year at our 70+ branches across the country. If you are a motivated ESL teacher looking to join a company that provides continuous support, values teacher happiness, and provides you the opportunity to grow as a teacher, then apply with Shane English School Taiwan!
Start with a worry-free trip to Taiwan
The Head Office team will make sure you’re completely taken care of during your trip to Taiwan. They’ll ensure you’re completely prepared with all the correct documents before you head to the airport. Once you land, you’ll be picked up at the airport and taken to your arrival hotel for some R&R. During your first week, the wellness officer will accompany you to get a health check, apply for your work permit, open a bank account and help find an apartment that meets your requirements.
A week of valuable training in Taipei City
Before you start teaching you’ll join a group of new teachers for our monthly training week at the Head Office. Training covers everything from managing and motivating students, to creating fun and engaging classes across a range of different ages. You’ll also get to see all our course books and how to use them effectively, as well as observe a few live classes with current teachers. Training will also touch on cultural differences, contract details, taxes, responsibilities, and expectations to ensure both new and experienced teachers fully understand the scope of the position, the organization and living in Taiwan.
● Working hours: 20-25 teaching hours per week. Very little admin work and no after-hours marking. Hours are also blocked together so there are no big gaps between classes.
● Student age: 3-16 years old
● Class size: maximum of 10 students for very young learners, and a maximum of 18 students for young learners.
● Curriculum: Shane English School Taiwan has a tailored curriculum that provides teachers with all the teaching guides, resources, and materials necessary to deliver fun and engaging classes.
● Assistance: All classes have a local teaching assistant to help with activity preparation and classroom management.
- Native-English speaker
- University degree in any field
- 120+ hour TEFL certificate
- National police criminal record check from home country
A competitive salary package
● Salary range NT$48,000 - 80,000 per month.
● NT$600-640 ($19.75-21.05) starting hourly rate (with further incremental pay increases every 6 months).
● NT$15,000 ($495) end of contract bonus.
● Salary is guaranteed at 20 hours per week even if hours fall below 20
● Working visa provided
● Health insurance provided
● Airport pick up
● Arrival hotel arranged by the school and partially reimbursed
● Work permit/ARC sponsorship.
● Assistance in getting a health check
● Assistance in opening a bank account and getting a mobile number
● Assistance in finding an apartment
● One week of valuable initial training
● Designated western Director of Studies for each region
● Scheduled observation and feedback sessions help with professional development
● Occasional teaching workshops to aid professional development
● Numerous opportunities for career advancement within the company, including roles in academia, publishing, marketing, and recruitment