As an au pair in New Zealand with Au Pair Link, you’ll have the opportunity to:
-Find your “home away from home” living with a New Zealand host family for up to 12 months
-Make a real difference to the lives of children – helping them to learn and grow
-Receive support from an early childhood teacher (your Programme Manager) – there to make sure you are receiving the support you need while you are here
-Benefit from our playgroups, fun child outings and childcare training workshops
-Experience some of the most breath-taking landscapes the world has to offer
-Make lasting connections with the warm and generous Kiwi culture
-Room and board included – you don’t have to worry about paying for rent, bills or food
-Up to 4 weeks paid holidays giving you lots of time to travel and explore
-Get paid a bonus of up to $1,040 at the completion of a 12 month placement
-A guaranteed weekly wage (typical net wage $190 – $230NZD p/w)
-Have the adventure of your life!
We provide a three day orientation course, giving you the opportunity to meet with other au pairs as soon as you touch down. We also organise au pair events and activities around the country to ensure your time away is as enjoyable as possible.
Experience the warmth of New Zealand’s welcome as part of the Au Pair Link family! Create lasting memories as you become one of the family and part of our network of au pairs - the largest in the Southern Hemisphere! Discover our enchanting landscapes and famous hospitality as you experience life in one of the world's most popular travel destinations. As part of our early learning programme you’ll get support from our team of qualified teachers, as well as access to regular playgroups, activities and events.
- 18 and 30 years old (Please note, Germany and United States have a limit of 26 and France have a limit of 27)
- Must know how to speak English fluently
- Have a clean police record
- Have a valid driver’s license (preferable especially in the United States and Australia)
- Have a minimum of 200 hours of documented childcare experience (exact requirements vary between programmes)
- Willing to commit to the full au pair programme placement term (minimum term varies per country)
Get paid a bonus of up to $1,040 at the completion of a 12 month placement
A guaranteed weekly wage (typical net wage $190 – $230NZD p/w)