At Point Avenue, we’re looking for passionate and dedicated educators who love working with young children, K-5, to join our diverse team of mentors. As a teacher, you will be responsible for cultivating a love of learning through English language lessons and Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM) activities. You’ll be involved in teaching classes, curriculum building, grading assignments, evaluating students’ progress, researching fun activities, and communicating with parents.
What you’ll do
- Develop and utilize educational content, lesson plans, and instructional resources
- Ensure students learn in a safe and engaging environment
- Deliver personalized instruction to each student by encouraging interactive learning
- Plan and implement educational activities and events both in and out of the classroom
- Prepare and distribute periodic progress reports and semester report cards
- Attend parent-teacher meetings
- Evaluate and document students’ progress.
- Assign and grade homework, assignments, and tests.
- Foster disciplined student behavior in the classroom using various mentorship techniques
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed
- Participate in all staff training sessions
- Read and stay on the cutting edge of current topics in education
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served
- Develop professional relationships with other agencies and programs
- Become a Point Avenue brand ambassador
- Tutor students on an individual basis as needed
Who are you?
- You are a university graduate with a bachelor’s degree
- -A native or fluent English speaker
- You’ve completed a TESOL/TEFL/CELTA Certification
- You are a competent professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You demonstrate outstanding presentation and interpersonal skills
- You are able to commit to a two-year contract
- Interested in growth opportunities
Growth Opportunities and Tracks
Once competent with essential responsibilities and skills in the application process and student development, we want to hear about your ideas and interests in regards to improving our efforts to help our students grow and achieve success. This could either be through a focus on our educational program or our business operations, or both. Teaching in Vietnam can be your first step towards launching a great career in many different fields. Reach out to any of the management team to see how we can help support your goals and ambitions.
Educational Programming - research and develop new modules, curriculum, exercises, methods, tools, resources, and more to improve our effectiveness in growing and advising students
Management - lead, manage, and develop team members in achieving success within our educational program as well as their own roles in other business operations and aspects
Operations - create or revise systems to help the team become more organized, focused, efficient, or effective in achieving our educational goals and student academic success
Sales - contributing to or leading to the process in which a student and their family learn about us, become interested, and then work together as an official part of our program
Marketing - helping shape our brand identity, creating content, and organizing online and offline efforts to discover students and families who share our values and would benefit most from our program
Hiring - create and support strategies and processes to build hiring channels (digital and personal) to find teachers and professionals who can become valuable contributors to our efforts
Product Development - serve as a bridge between the technology we build (as an education technology company) and the students it serves, which requires you to lead the building of technology that intends to enhance student experiences and outcomes
- Bachelor's Degree
- Native English Speaker
Competitive Annual Salary with bonus incentives based on performance, hours taught, curriculum development, etc.