In this internship you will help organize events, small and large, for a nonprofit in Cape Town. This nonprofit specializes in implementing libraries in public schools around South Africa. They organize annual events for brand awareness, fundraising and to keep the libraries functional. As an event management intern, you’ll work from the head office in Cape Town. You’ll be organizing events in the area. Get ready to be exposed to a wide range of tasks to help a small organization grow, one school library at a time!
- Plan and coordinate events and manage the logistics
- Communicate with vendors and partners
- Create awareness surrounding the events
- Work with the fundraising team to set and meet specific donation goals
- Ensure budgets are adhered to
You will also get to experience life abroad, in the bustling city of Cape Town. Internship start and end dates are flexible and a 2-6 months duration is possible.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An individual that is not shy and able to take on tasks head-on
- To be able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Computer skills and knowledge of office software packages
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Your own laptop
- A passion for reading and literacy is an asset!