Barcelona boasts one of Europe’s best health care systems due to its strong health care policies, high quality public health system, and complete range of private medicine and health care facilities. Barcelona’s medical field has an excellent reputation worldwide and has been a pioneer in several scientific fields such as kidney transplants, eye surgeries, oncology, and thoracic and cardiac surgery. Barcelona has developed innovative techniques in plastic and orthopedic surgery as well. Medical and health care interns will be involved with cutting edge medical research activities and equipment, applying some of the latest techniques while working alongside medical professionals with solid skills.
Medical and health care opportunities exist in both research-based and clinical health care programs. Responsibilities may range from conducting clinical and public health research to providing support to patients and nursing staff and more. Our Barcelona medical and health care internships will be designed in consultation with you and the organization, to deliver a unique set of benefits and learning opportunities for all parties involved.
- An internship tailored to your specific career goals
- Free or at-cost access to weekly social events with your fellow Connect-123 program participants
- Comprehensive Barcelona orientation upon arrival
- Assistance in arranging housing
- Pre-trip Barcelona information pack
- Airport pick up
- Advice, support, and guidance before, during, and after your stay
- 24/7 Emergency assistance
- Lifetime Connect-123 Alumni group membership, connecting you with program graduates around the world for advice and opportunities