The Curriculum Partnership Program is a joint Chinese‐American program between Capital Normal University High School in Beijing, China and Germantown Academy. The program prepares Chinese students for admission to Bachelor’s degree programs in North America. Each student receives a diploma from CNUHS, where the curriculum is centered on the study of their cultural heritage and those courses required to satisfy Chinese national educational requirements. Each student also receives a certificate from Germantown Academy based on the concurrent study of an Advanced Placement curriculum and participation in the college guidance program. Students are required to take four courses taught in English per year; twelve Advanced Placement courses are currently offered.
● US website: https://www.germantownacademy.net/academics/college- counseling/china
● Chinese website(Temporarily closed): www.cnuhs.cn/guojibu
We are looking for full-time Advanced Placement (AP) Economics/
Math/ and English Literature teachers for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Teaching Tasks are as follow:
● Economics teacher: AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics
● Math teacher: Pre AP Calculus, AP Calculus AB/BC, AP Statistics
● English Literature teacher: Discussed at personal interview
• Workload: At most 18 periods (40 minutes/period)/week +30 hours/week (Teaching hours and office hours included)+weekends off
• Besides the regular teaching schedule, the position will also include some regular school duties like office hours, clubs etc.and other school activities.
• Student age: Grade 10 to Grade 12
• Type of school: Public school
• Application Deadline: Posted until Filled
• Starting Date: September 1, 2020
• Location: Haidian, Beijing, China
• Responsible, outgoing, cooperative, passionate about education, equipped with strong cultural awareness and flexibility;
• Bachelor’s degree or above in a related field;
• At least two years of teaching experience in related subjects required;
• Native English speaker preferred;
• Familiarity or experience with high school education preferred;
• Under 50 years old;
• Non-criminal Record required for Work Permit.
• Medical check Report required for Work Permit.
Salary and Benefits
• Monthly salary: 24,000-32,000RMB per month(pre-tax)
• Transportation allowance: 900 RMB per month (11 months in total)
• Chinese national holidays: all paid
• Winter holiday: fully paid
• Social insurance: provided
• Contract completion bonus: provided
• Work permit and residence permit: provided
• Free breakfast and lunch provided on school days
● www.cnuhs.cn/guojibu (Temporarily closed)
Welcome, all passionate and experienced teachers with strong work-ethic and growth-mindset!
- Requirements vary based on opening
Up to 33,000 RMB per month (comprehensive benefits package)