This exciting new program, developed as a partnership between leading education companies Abridge Academy (UK) and Lopair (China), offers you a paid online English tutoring job with a difference - including cultural exchange, Chinese language learning and potential international travel opportunities! Unlike other English teaching jobs, we offer you flexibility in terms of your hours and conversation topics, while also supporting you with free TEFL training as well as our growing bank of full lesson plans and resources.
As a language buddy, you will act as a mentor supporting Chinese children with their language studies. Unlike a formal tutor, you would not be expected to teach set vocabulary lists or grammar, instead this program focuses on more relaxed, conversational language practice based around interesting topics and activities.
● Become a mentor and inspirational role model
● Develop children's oral communication skills and fluency
● Introduce topics and activities related to your degree or interests
● Share your knowledge of international culture
You do not need to have a degree or particular qualifications in teaching your chosen language(s), but we do expect you to be confident speaking them fluently, typically to an advanced or native level. Becoming a language buddy is a competitive process (so far, our application success rate has been around 10%), so please do be sure to emphasise any relevant experience or qualifications you have related to online language tutoring, mentoring, teaching or other work with children.
- Essential: Enthusiasm for supporting primary school children practicing English
- Essential: High level of spoken and written English
- Previous experience with language tutoring, ideally online, preferred but not essential
● Generous pay starting at £8 per half hour class or £15 per full hour (approx. $10/ half hour or $19 per full hour)
● Full training, resources and support provided
● Join our fun, free Chinese language and culture classes
● Free (optional) TEFL training including an accredited TEFL qualification
● Opportunity to be fast-tracked for places on our in-person summer camp or homestay programs in 2021 or later
● Additional (paid) opportunities are available for outstanding tutors to get involved in other aspects such as content development, training and promotion if they wish