Position: Secondary English Teacher (IGCSE, A-Level)
Location: Vientiane, Laos
Start: 16 August 2021
Contract: 2 Years (renewable)
Deadline: 31 July 2021
About the school
The Australian International School (AIS) is located in Vientiane, Laos, and was founded in 2011. It is a well-established and multi-cultural school whose goals is to provide our Lao and international students with the skills and knowledge to equip them for the 21st century by giving them a “strong foundation for a brighter future”. AIS School uses the Cambridge International Curriculum in Primary & Secondary.
About the role
- To teach students according to their individual educational needs
- To assess, record and report on the attendance, progress, development and attainment of students and to keep such records as required
- To undertake a designated programme of teaching in English.
- To prepare and update teaching materials
- To use a variety of delivery methods which will stimulate, motivate and engage learners, appropriate to student needs and demands of the syllabus.
- To maintain discipline and a classroom environment conducive to good learning, and encourage good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework.
- To mark, grade and give written/verbal and diagnostic feedback as required
- To provide, or contribute to, oral and written assessments, reports and parents’ evenings
- Degree in English language or related subject
- Be of Native English level
- Additional qualification in ESL teaching preferred
- Be energetic, cooperative, compassionate and committed.
- Teaching experience is preferred
- Be of good physical and mental health
- Be fit to work with children
- High level of cooperation & flexibility
- Recent criminal clearance and health certificate
For consideration candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Degree in English language or related
- Tax-free net salary paid monthly in USD
- Work visa and resident permit provided
- Lunch is provided
- Health insurance included
- Paid public holidays