This is your chance to experience true cultural exchange while you work as a teaching assistant in English classrooms in the gorgeous Piedmont region of Italy. Live like a local, enjoy delicious cuisine, and explore the Italian sites while living with a host family for three months.
January 30 – April 27, 2019
Why Greenheart Travel?:
This 3-month teaching program has the full support from the Italian Ministry of Education, and provides 15-18 hours per week of classroom experience. You will be paired with a local teacher in your host community, ensuring that your program is the most impactful, comprehensive and highest quality program available in Italy.
Program cost is $1,000* and includes housing with a volunteer Italian host family
*Program costs do not include the airfare to Italy or free time/travel spending.
Wondering why you have to pay to teach?
Greenheart Travel is a non-profit organization, and the program fee for this teaching project covers the costs of organizing your placement and support on the program. Because this program does not receive direct funding from a government, teachers are responsible for covering some of their costs. Your program fee helps cover the pre-departure & in-country support staff, host family screening and visits, placement services, orientation, logistical support, airport pick-up, and extensive medical insurance for the duration of your program.
Request more information and an email from Greenheart Travel staff here: https://greenhearttravel.org/campaign/teach-inquiry22 or call 1-888-ABROAD-1
Benefits to Teaching in Italy:
- 3 month teaching placement in Piemonte (Piedmont), Italy in public schools
- Pre-departure support and orientation
- 2-3 day arrival group orientation with other teachers in stunning Torino with hotel accommodation included
- Airport pickup from Torino airport
- Accommodation with volunteer host families
- 2-3 meals per day provided by host family
- Extensive International Medical and Accident Insurance for the entire 3 months, including a $200,000 maximum
- Local support and supervision
- 24/7 phone number to reach a program manager at any time