Our Teach Abroad in Myanmar program is an opportunity distinct from other English teaching positions, offering full cultural immersion in the unique country of Myanmar. By promoting active, responsible and sustainable engagement in Myanmar, our English teachers will positively impact the country and its people. In contrast to traditional tourism, we believe that the nature of the long term, immersive travel on this program will promote valuable cultural exchange and meaningful interactions with the local communities.
Upcoming Start Dates:
October 1, 2018
January 28, 2019
Most teaching placements are in Yangon, the former capital and largest city in Myanmar. Most school placements will be in private international schools or language schools, in which you may be required to teach at several different branches. We also sometimes have placements in other cities, like Tachilek, Pyin Oo Lwin, and Monywa. The positions are full time, meaning that hours will range from 35-40 hours per week, five days per week.
Myanmar Teaching Placement Only: $1,720
Myanmar Teaching Placement + TESOL Course: $2,500
This is a highly recommended program! Read all our Teach English in Myanmar reviews on GoOverseas here: https://www.gooverseas.com/teach-abroad/myanmar/greenheart-…
Why do I have to pay for a job?
Programs like this one in Myanmar don’t have direct government funding, so teachers who want to teach there must cover some of their own expenses. When programs cost money, we do try to keep them as cheap as possible (we are a non-profit!) but there are some costs associated with running a program when it does not have any direct funding. The program cost covers things like your insurance, orientation and excursions, accommodation during orientation (and the TESOL course if you add that on), support staff, airport pickup, transfers, administrative costs of placement and support, etc. Program staff will be available to answer any questions before and after arrival, and you’ll have access to 24/7 support if needed while in Myanmar.
Native English Speaker
At a minimum, a high school diploma (those without a Bachelor’s degree are required to take the in country TESOL course)
A TEFL/TESOL certification is required unless you majored in Education (but you can add this on as part of your program in Yangon upon arrival!)
Citizen of the US, CA, UK, Ireland, Au, NZ, South Africa
Be in great mental and physical health
No criminal record (with the exception of traffic or other minor violations)
An adventurous attitude and strong flexibility are a must
Request an Informational Email From your Program Manager Here: https://greenhearttravel.org/campaign/teach-inquiry22
or call 1-888-ABROAD-1
- Full time, paid teaching placement in Myanmar
- Airport pickup in Yangon
- One week orientation in Yangon, including all excursions
- Accommodation during orientation in Yangon
- TESOL Course Option: accommodation is included for the entire month of your course as well
- Basic Myanmar language training
- International Medical and Accident Insurance provided by Greenheart Travel for 6 months which covers medical expenses and prescriptions
- Professional local staff provides orientation and assistance when settling in and throughout your program
- 24 hour emergency support for duration of the program
- Myanmar SIM card to set up your cell phone upon arrival
- Pre-departure support and orientation from an experienced Greenheart Travel Program Manager
- “Culture Smart” Myanmar Customs & Culture Guidebook
- Greenheart Travel T-Shirt