Our paid Teach English in Myanmar program is an outstanding opportunity to immerse yourself in the rich and fascinating Burmese culture while empowering local communities with the skill of speaking and writing English, while being paid to do so. This makes for an enticing alternative to the more established programs in nearby Thailand, Vietnam or China for anyone looking for arguably a more authentic cultural experience in a destination still relatively unexplored by Western tourists.
You'll be teaching English at private schools and language centres and can be placed in cities like the Capital, Yangon, Mandalay or other smaller towns and cities throughout the country.
Some schools may ask you to teach basic other subjects in English to help the children get used to learning in the language.
You can teach a range of age groups from young learners to teenagers and even some adult classes depending on who your school or centre caters for. Myanmar has a deep hunger to learn English skills which will provide opportunities to locals in the tourism business and in being able to study and travel abroad.
You will work between 25 and 35 hours per week with two days off, language centres may require some weekend work.
You can request to be placed with a friend/partner/travel companion also.
Contracts are for 1 year, you can request to renew for another semester/year if you choose.
- Airport pickup & Sim Card
- Weeklong cultural orientation upon arrival packed with day trips and culture lessons
- Guaranteed job placement
- Earn up to $1200 per month (can be higher for highly qualified teachers)
- Visa sponsorship (once probation has ended)
- Accommodation assistance is provided
- Paid leave and holidays included to approximately 25 days per year (inclusive of public holidays)
- Full pre-departure support to help with gathering correct documentation and any other preparations needed before you travel from our experienced in-house support manager
- 24/7 in-country support for the duration of your stay in Myanmar
- Be a citizen of the UK, USA, Canada, Ireland, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand. English-speaking candidates from EU countries are also considered for positions, depending on English fluency. (C2 level is preferred for non-native speakers)
- Bachelor's degree is preferred but not required, for those without a bachelors degree, teaching experience will be preferred
- 120 hour TEFL or TESOL certificate required, if you do not have one we do provide a course done in Myanmar (see below)
- Be in good health, you may have to take a medical and blood test once in Myanmar
- Be between 21 and 45 years of age
Our program includes a 120 hour in-class TESOL course done with an experienced instructor. It's conducted over a period of 3 weeks, includes practical supervised teaching experience and certification. The course is tailored to teaching in Myanmar.
The program costs between $1800 and $2250 depending on which option you take: https://travelbudco.com/teach-english-in-myanmar/#costs-bud…
Fees cover costs associated with running the program as no incentives/remunerations are paid by schools to TravelBud. Also covered by the fees are costs associated with placement, support, orientation and more.
To see more about what our customers say of the value for money our programs offer, read our reviews here: https://www.gooverseas.com/organization/travelbud-reviews
What our participants say they love most about TravelBud
- Fast turnaround time
- Guaranteed job placement
- Great reviews by past teachers
- Our fun, friendly enrolments agents all have teach abroad experience
- Simple to understand website full of photos and videos to help you prepare for what to expect
Up to $1200 per month (may be more for highly experienced teachers)
Paid leave of around 25 days per year (including public holidays)
24/7 in-country assistance if needed