Hokkaido JaLS Winter Course

Hokkaido JaLS Winter Course

Hokkaido Japanese Language School’s Winter Course takes our standard 15 Japanese lessons per week and adds 2 traditional culture experiences per week for six weeks. Our students have the chance to experience a variety of Japanese culture, such as trying on kimono, making sushi, and tea ceremonies. Japanese volunteers participate in many of these events, giving students the opportunity to improve their Japanese in a setting other than the classroom and to make friends and experience Japan from the inside, not just as a tourist.
Students also have the opportunity to attend our 3 weekly optional activities to enjoy all that Hokkaido has to offer, such as the world famous snow festival, and ski slopes just outside the city! Join us this winter and enjoy learning Japanese in the beautiful city of Sapporo!

• Small Classes

Alex
Cardiff
Keele University

JALS Experience

JALS was probably the best experience of my life abroad!
It was a very engaging school which helped my Japanese language skills improve from none at all to average conversation within 3 months. The staff at JALS are incredibly friendly and definitley improved my experience as it helped me feel more comfortable in the school.
The winter course was definitley a wise choice in my opinion, because it allowed for me as a student to see some of Hokkaido's claims to fame, such as the snow festival in Sapporo city, or the popularity of skiing (which I'm not good at.) It also had less students at a winter time which allowed for the classes to be more personal as a group. I am definitley looking forward to returning to JALS in the future.

At Hokkaido Japanese Language School you can not only study the Japanese language, but also have fun and use Japanese in real life situations! We have small class sizes and flexible teaching styles, and we combine this style of study with a range of cultural