Hokkaido JaLS Winter Course

Hokkaido Japanese Language School’s Winter Course takes our standard 15 Japanese lessons per week and adds 2 traditional culture experiences per week for six weeks. Our students have the chance to experience a variety of Japanese culture, such as trying on kimono, making sushi, and tea ceremonies. Japanese volunteers participate in many of these events, giving students the opportunity to improve their Japanese in a setting other than the classroom and to make friends and experience Japan from the inside, not just as a tourist.
Students also have the opportunity to attend our 3 weekly optional activities to enjoy all that Hokkaido has to offer, such as the world famous snow festival, and ski slopes just outside the city! Join us this winter and enjoy learning Japanese in the beautiful city of Sapporo!

• Small Classes
  • Cultural Activities
  • Competitive Prices
  • Flexibility
  • Amazing Location

• Instruction 9.7
Lin

🌞🌞🌞

I'm very happy and I am glad to meet guys in this short period of time. It is something that I will Everyone took good care of me and took me as my own sister. I really appreciate it. I hope to see you again. The five weeks are really great. I can't bear to leave everyone and see the snow for the first time. I was so happy that I was really sorry for the cold on the way.never forget when I meet jals.

All of
Stephan

All expectations more than met

location/school:
super convenient, the classrooms show that the school is serious about small classes (not more than six students during the winter course), the 2nd floor lounge is a wonderful place, an open work space, where people can meet or focus on their work

staff:
everyone is very friendly and offering help all the time with whatever problem that's bothering you. Besides they make excellent coffee, great pizza, both come with free smiles and often a free extra mini-lesson in Japanese communication!

teachers/course:
the teachers are very professional, very dedicated and really kind and encouraging - do your homework and fast progress is as inevitable as the next snowfall, The smart and interested classmates from all around the world also contribute to a great study atmosphere.

culture program:
experiencing different aspects of Japanese culture and excursions are a great extension of learning into the afternoons and weekends (I strongly recommend participation) - test your Japanese and meet interesting people.

A sincere "Thank you" to all the people at JaLS Sapporo who helped to create a truly wonderful learning experience!

1. Using some media - video in class, additional audio online for self-study purposes and homework - might help diversify the learning experience.

2. The cultural activities are sometimes a little bit hurried due to a lack of time. Adding a bit more depth would necessitate more time (and maybe some preparatory reading about the subject).
Alex

JALS Experience

JALS was probably the best experience of my life abroad!
It was a very engaging school which helped my Japanese language skills improve from none at all to average conversation within 3 months. The staff at JALS are incredibly friendly and definitley improved my experience as it helped me feel more comfortable in the school.
The winter course was definitley a wise choice in my opinion, because it allowed for me as a student to see some of Hokkaido's claims to fame, such as the snow festival in Sapporo city, or the popularity of skiing (which I'm not good at.) It also had less students at a winter time which allowed for the classes to be more personal as a group. I am definitley looking forward to returning to JALS in the future.

About Hokkaido Japanese Language School

At Hokkaido Japanese Language School you can not only study the Japanese language, but also have fun and use Japanese in real life situations! We have small class sizes and flexible teaching styles, and we combine this style of study with a range of...