Hokkaido JaLS Summer Course

Hokkaido JaLS Summer Course

By Hokkaido Japanese Language School   Reviews (4)   98% Rating

Our three month long summer course offers you the chance to take part in a range of seasonal activities in addition to your regular language study. Sapporo is stunningly beautiful in the summer, with cooler temperatures than the rest of the country. The people are friendly, the food is great, and the combination of city-life and nature is perfect! We offer students 15 Japanese lessons per week, supplemented with 4 cultural activities (such as Japanese cooking, music, art or kimono wearing). We also run a range of social activities that you are invited to take part in, such as water rafting, day trips, international parties, and more!

You can join us for as little as one week, and course intakes begin every Monday, with graduation options every Friday.

If you want to learn Japanese, make friends in Japan, and have a great summer, then come and join us!

Asia » Japan » Sapporo
Application Fee
Deposit
$32700.00/week
Cost Description
Includes Japanese classes and cultural lessons.

Rating Values

• Instruction

Samantha
Singapore

Great experience!

The course at JaLS exceeded my expectations! Right from the beginning when I emailed some inquiries to JaLS, I could sense the staff's sincerity in replying me and answering any doubts I had. While I was at school, the staff were also very helpful in entertaining any queries I had, such as recommendations on food and travel.

The language teachers were also very professional and patient (and fun at the same time). They used many examples to illustrate new grammar to us so that we could understand what was being taught. They also gave us sufficient time to practise the new grammar/vocabulary during class.

I enjoyed the cultural activities very much too. I was blessed with nice classmates/schoolmates and we shared many fun times together! Really enjoyed every bit of my time in Japan! =)

Conrad
Richmond, Virginia

An Immaculate Season

One of the best decisions I’ve made was studying at the Hokkaido Japanese Language School (JALS) for 8 weeks. Looking back, my experiences in Hokkaido all feel like a really good dream that I didn’t want to end. If you want to learn real Japanese, there is no better way to do it than here. I have seen students who spoke zero Japanese come to class each day, and by the end of their summer session, were able to write, read, and speak easily! My personal progress has been no less amazing, but even more, I left Sapporo with the drive to keep studying Japanese, to keep pushing myself forward in life, and to work towards my goals each day.
Learning Japanese is just one small part of the experience though. After morning classes, the day belongs to the students. JALS always has an activity lined up after lunch for those who are interested, and if not, there is always something to see and do in Sapporo! This brings me to the most memorable and important part of my journey—my friends. I made so many friends during my time in Sapporo between the students of JALS and the Japanese residents of the share house that JALS arranged for my stay. These people that I call my friends made Sapporo feel like a second home. We shared food, drinks, stories, embarrassing karaoke performances, and so much more. And no matter what background anybody was from, we were all equal and in this adventure together. Each weekend JALS had a new weekend excursion lined up for the students and it was these outings that were my most memorable. I had the chance to see the expansive lavender fields of Furano, Biei lake—a lake that echoes that beautiful teal color of Caribbean shorelines, Rusutsu Resort—an amusement park and ski resort in the mountains with breathtaking views and rollercoasters, Otaru—a well-known seaside town with a scenic canal reminiscent of Venice, and much more! If you’re thinking about visiting or vacationing in Japan next summer, consider the Hokkaido Japanese Language School! You’ll do more, see more, and make many unforgettable friends along the way. And don’t forget to bring your camera!

Weekday activities felt inaccessible for people who did not prepay for them in advance due to their cost. I also feel that the homework was sometimes a bit repetitive for what you gain from it. Studying the grammar handout and vocab was a much better use of my time personally.

Silvia
Cesena

The best month of my life with JaLS

The summer course in JaLS is very good! I recommend it to everyone, who want to learn something more about Japan and not only study Japanese. You can learn a lot about the Japanese culture and make interesting things that probably you will never try again in your life :) There are a lot of activities during week so you have always something interesting to do, every day is fun ! Japanese lessons in the morning are enjoyable and you will learn a lot in few time. If you have any problem school staff is really helpful and i think everyone is friendly and kind.
I really enjoyed my moth in JaLS, and hope I'll go again in future.

Chodchanit
Bangkok, Thailand

Jals activities

I really enjoy doing the activities especially the cultural lesson. It helped us understand more and help us to adapt to the environment we're surrounded by. The food is also very delicious, i get to meet new friends create bonding, by travelling and doing school activities together help us learn more about each other. For example, the city tour activites since the first week where were walking around and taking photos and doing group activities where we had been given sets of task to complete. This part make us know each other better, their characteristics and personality in order to go and talk and be friend with them because sometimes we don't know whether he/she is friendly or not.

Weekemd activities don't be too early, i'm so tired and very lazy to wake up since morning. Meet up a bit later ;)

At Hokkaido Japanese Language School you can not only study the Japanese language, but also have fun and use Japanese in real life situations. We have small class sizes and flexible teaching styles, but combine this study with a range of cultural and social activities.