Online Mandarin lessons with native experienced Chinese tutors

We are a start-up based in Xi'an. Most of our teachers have been teaching Mandarin Chinese for many years. We offer all students of our Mandarin school free advisory assistance when they come to China, including renting an apartment, teaching they survival Mandarin to talk with native people, how to use Chinese Uber, how to find great local restaurants and so on. If you're interested, please get in contact and we would love to give you a free 30 min trial Mandarin Chinese lesson.

• Specialized Chinese courses
  • Professional native tutors
  • Free advisory assistance when you are in China

• Instruction 10
Palm

Learning mandarin to work in China

Andrea has been an amazing teacher. She gauged my level of mandarin quickly, and recommended the right text book to work through. After a few months, we have finished the textbook and moved onto reading news articles. I am feeling so much more prepared for work in China, and I would highly recommend the services of Wave Chinese to anyone!
I am preparing to continue the lessons in China after I move over there, which will provide good support while I am transitioning to the new environment and work in China. Wave Chinese also provides helpful tips for what is needed to move to China.

No improvements needed! They regularly ask for suggestions, and are willing to make changes according to any requirements.
Isabelle

Just the best solution !

I was looking for convenient mandarin tuition for my primary school aged children and found Wave Chinese through an online search. I was very pleased with it - it is very convenient as the lessons take place at home, the teachers are native mandarin speakers and experienced in teaching. They are patient with the children, as well as able to teach at the adult level. They are also very nice and friendly and able to relate to all ages. They are always on time, and they even know the curriculum in Australia to be able to support children in their school-based learning. I highly recommend this solution for anyone looking for mandarin tuition for their children or themselves.

Daniel

6 months of skype lessons

Before trying Wave chinese I had never tried one on one tutoring, or used skype except to speak to my parents at Christmas time! I was very apprehensive and reluctant to try but with the nearest chinese classes an hours drive away I decided to give it a go. I think this was the best decision I have made! I had a free trial with Chloe and immediately I signed up for 50 lessons. The initial trial lesson was fun and relaxed and I felt no pressure to sign up at all, no awkward sales pitch.

I am sure that if I was not with using wavechinese I would have made 10% of the progress I have made in the last 6 months, or perhaps I would have lost interest and stopped studying altogether!

I have 2 or 3 classes a week after work, even though I am always tired from work I always look forward to my chinese lessons, it is always fun and interesting.

One on one classes keeps you engaged, motivated, and accountable . The teachers are very strict and will not tolerate you not doing your homework :P they are great at understanding your goals, adapting classes to suit your energy level, and finding ways to keep you motivated! I am sure this is the most effective, best value, and most convenient way to study chinese.

Izzy

Online Chinese lessons

I have had 10 lessons so far in Mandarin. I was assessed at level HSK 2/3 and am currently finishing off the equivalent of level HSK 2 before continuing and aiming to take HSK 3. I think the assessment was good and the recap is really helpful after having a year off of studying Mandarin. Lessons are fun and engaging and I come away feeling motivated to learn more. My teacher Mary is so lovely and always helpful.

N/A
Joe

Excellent and Accessible Mandarin Lessons

My experiences with waveChinese so far have been exceptionally positive. I'm very much enjoying my lessons and can recommend them to anyone who is keen to learn Mandarin.

Having visited China a couple of times, I developed a fascination with the country, its culture and its language. It was from this that I decided I wanted to learn Mandarin. However, I was concerned about the price of having lessons and the demand it would place on my schedule in having to head somewhere in London to join a class. On top of that, you then have to share the learning time with other students, which, if you're not confident, can mean very little speaking time.

Then, I found waveChinese. With very affordable prices and face-to-face video lessons done online (either through Skype, or WeChat, China's version of WhatsApp) it offered the perfect solution. I'm now able to have my lessons in the morning before I start my day, with no travelling time required!

More importantly, I get the full lesson completed dedicated to my learning. My lessons are completely tailored to what I would like to achieve - we started with HSK 1 but then I decided to continue working through the textbook with my teacher, covering a variety of different topics.

My teacher, Mary, is an absolutely wonderful teacher. She makes the lessons enjoyable and helps me with all aspects of my learning. If there's a particular aspect of the language I'm struggling with, she'll send me extra info/exercises to do on that topic to help me understand it better.

I would thoroughly recommend waveChinese to anyone who is interested in learning Mandarin. My lessons have massively helped improve my language skills and with superb teaching, cheap and enjoyable lessons I can't think of a better way to learn Mandarin. If you're in doubt, they offer a free 30 minute lesson so you can see what you think of the teaching style.

Brian

Excellent Experience

I have given 10's for each of the different areas because I have had an absolutely great experience with Wave Chinese. Their teachers are absolutely excellent, and they have a wealth of knowledge which is evident in their teaching styles. They are also very willing to adapt their teaching style depending on the student you are (so, if you want fun, I'm sure they can give you a wealth of fun also :) .. though I'm sure you want that). In terms of value, their prices are really reasonable. If you are really serious about learning Chinese, they'll put together a plan for you, and help you work towards your goals, whatever that might be. I really recommend you give them a go.

Nothing to improve. It's already great. But just remember, you get out what you put in. So work out what your goals are, and this program will be the best thing you ever did.
Yolanda

Excellent teacher!

Ms Mary and Ms Vicky from Wavemaker Chinese learning school are great in teaching children Mandarin!

Their way of teaching is very creative and attentive to children's needs. We have tried other teachers but wavemaker teachers are with high standard and they care the kids. We are impressed and hope their organization will continue to benefit other children who want to learn Mandarin.

The review stops here
Have a nice day!

Annandale

Caring and Personalised Teaching

My experience with WaveChinese had been extremely positive from my first enquiry. They offered the best value for money at the time and I was pleasantly surprised by the level of service and professionalism. My teacher had been incredibly supportive and encouraging for the past 18 months as I have been working from a very basic level towards fluency. There are structured lessons, following the HSK program but with the flexibility to tailor lessons to particular social or work events as required. My teacher had gone above and beyond to help me purchase well priced textbooks and novels and to give me insight into cultural matters and then helped me to rent a house during a visit to China.

Perhaps they could clone Andrea, my teacher?! She's really great.

About waveChinese

We are an online Mandarin school. We have native experienced Mandarin teachers. We offer 30-min free trial Mandarin lessons, professional native tutors and free advisory assistance when you are in China. Refer a student to us and both of you will get...