Spanish Course for Teachers of Spanish

Spanish ELE training
Spanish ELE training

This is a training program for Spanish teachers with an emphasis on practical classroom based techniques and how to apply the latest tendencies and technologies in language teaching.

The object of this course is to bring teachers of Spanish as a second language (ELE) up-to-date with regard to the practical aspects of teaching, methodology, and the historical/social aspects of Spain. Specifically aimed for teachers of Spanish, not native that wish to recycle both the knowledge and the usage of a language as well as the new educational tendencies in teaching Spanish as a foreign language.

The offer includes specific grammar, the study and analysis of present day teaching methods, types of classes, the use of various teaching materials in the classroom and the classification and evaluation of students. Classes cover customs, history, art, literature, sociology and Spanish politics.

• Start dates any Monday throughout the year.
  • Accommodation ranging from: Host family, Shared apartment, Student Residence or Private apartment.
  • Leisure and cultural activities in the afternoons.
  • Enhanced Learning.
  • Small groups.

• Instruction 10
Julia

amazing Spanish School

I liked everything. The teachers at Instituto Hemingway are amazing and they really care about your success. They are always happy and friendly. I liked the social programs, because it help you to make friends.

The teachers are nice. I very appreciate them for giving such useful grammatical knowledges during the class. It helps me a lot. I like it very much because not only the perfect teachers but also nice facilities. I liked my classes because I could change my schedule from morning to an afternoon class in preparation for a test.
My teacher was a really nice guy and it was always fun with him joking around.
The location of the school is perfect for tube connections and lunch break.

The course is very well-designed and structured. The content of the course is interesting and informative. I liked that that there are video and audio clips, especially the video clips that showed how we could teach in the classroom.
Carlos was pretty much everything you’d want as a tutor; with his ability to give you his full attention to your inquiries, with his timely responses, his encouragement and understanding, I was able to complete the course feeling confident that I can do my job as teaching Spanish as a second language in my chosen country. Throughout the course, I enjoyed working in every module. There is so much interesting information, ideas for teachers etc.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Alfredo Orive for all the guidance and encouragement he gave me throughout this course. I’m thankful for the very detailed feedback, not just on what I’ve submitted but how I can improve.

Once again, I would definitely recommend Instituto Hemingway and I will be signing up for more courses in the future. I would highly recommend this course for anyone who wants to start or continue teaching and want to have more knowledge about teaching.

Jose, the director, is also very nice, always accessible and always trying to help the students. Rodrigo, the receptionist, is always available to help. I was very happy to have Carlos as my teacher, because he was always very professional, he is a great teacher but also very flexible and funny when needed.

I found this course to be well structured and easy to navigate. The assignments are relevant to the content covered during the course and it guides the student to put the newly acquired teaching knowledge into practice. This course equipped me with practical ideas on how to prepare a lesson plan, which assists me to give my students the best possible learning experience.

At the end of each module, there is a list of references to other websites relevant to the material covered during the module. As a teacher, I use many of these resources almost on a daily basis and I find it extremely useful.

If I have to improve something about this program would be using more real-life situations in class. Sometimes in my classroom in my country I have to deal with problems of discipline and is very difficult for me classroom management.
Frank

I loved my stay in this program!!

The school is located conveniently in the heart of Bilbao,close to many bars and restaurants
Housing is in walkable distance from the school. The school administration did an excellent job in organising housing and allowing me to stay one week longer. Thanks so much for your help and your friendliness!

The school is incredible. Teachers are very engaging and work with you to ensure you have a positive experience. They are very flexible allowing for changes and extensions to stays. The school provides after school activities every weekday. They are well attended and engaging to show you Bilbao and use the Spanish you are learning! Highly recommend accommodations were great as well. Courses were VERY interesting and Teachers are young and friendly, students come from all around the world. Instituto Hemigway is a very interesting school to progress and discover Northern Spain, in an international environment.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would not change anything in this program. Everything was perfect!!

About Instituto Hemingway

Our Spanish School offers Spanish courses in Bilbao and other cities in Spain with excellent reviews all year round starting from one week on, internships in culinary arts in Spain , jobs in hospitality management in Spain, Spanish courses online and...