This is an affordable and supportive option for Kiwis with childcare experience, wanting to live in China for 3-12 months legally. You'll be placed with a Host Family and will help care for their child/children and speak English with them. This is an amazing cultural exchange - and really subsidised so you don't need loads of $$ saved to do it. #affordableBigOE
Our partners in China support you throughout your stay and take very good care of you while you are an au pair there. This includes arrival transfers, orientation and ongoing support and activities.
- Fluent in English
- Good with children
- 18 to 29 years old
- Outgoing and positive personality
- No criminal record
- Physically and psychologically healthy
- A private room (all positions are live in) in a well screened family
- At least 1.5 days off a week
- A Cultural Exchange Visa
- Arrival transfer and orientation for three days - accommodation and meals provided
- A city tour during orientation
- Assurance you'll work no more than 30 hours a week so you get a chance to explore the country and experience the culture outside of the family (as well as with the family).
- 1 complete free weekend off per month
- 3 paid days holiday every three months
- A City Based Local Coordinator who will visit you in your Host Family home on arrival, follow up after 2 weeks and every 30 days. They are there to listen to any concerns, help with questions and needs, and is there to mediate in the event of any problem.
- 60 hours of educational classes every 3 months
- Completion bonus; If you stay for 6-12 months you'll receive a completion bonus - 2000 RMB after 6 months, another 1000RMB if you extend for another 3 months and if you extend for 6 months you'll receive another 2000 RMB.*
- A completion certificate *
- 24/7 Emergency Number in China plus local support and guidance, orientation on arrival
- Guidance on learning Chinese language and culture
- Support in NZ from our staff and within our private Nanny/Au Pair facebook group you'll meet other Kiwis planing to do the same thing, and others already there.