Teaching in China!

Fun: 8
Value: 8
Safety: 10
Review

I taught English in China with Travellers Worldwide after finishing school and having no idea what I wanted to do with my life! Asia had always interested me and I wanted a project which provided good support, as I was a pretty worried about embarking on my first adventure across the world on my own...

Travellers were so lovely on the phone before I went - my project co-ordinator made me feel instantly at ease and helped me as I fumbled through unknown depths of visa application forms and confusing flight itineraries. I really couldn't have made that jump into my first trip without their help - thanks Letty!

China was a mindblowing experience - it was the first time I had ever been out of Europe, and I fell in love with it instantly. Living and working at a school was just amazing and the project did what it promised - made me feel like I was really living in a foreign country instead of just visiting as a tourist. I was with a group of other volunteers and our school were endlessly kind to us, throwing parties for us and taking us on trips... I have never experienced hospitality like it before or since!

The bottom line is that the project gave me a confidence I did not have before I went - the confidence to extend my trip and travel around Asia with the other volunteers I had met. This is what was so great about Travellers - the welcoming and friendly ethos I experience throughout really made it easy to do things that seemed quite scary at the outset. I also made very close friendships with the other volunteers who I am still friends with now.

The project was a really life-changing experience and without it I would not have gained that confidence to travel alone around the world as I do now :) I am truly thankful to Travellers for providing the solid support that enabled me to gain this confidence and an affinity for China that no doubt will last the rest of my life.

Would you recommend this program?
Yes, I would