Fantastic experience

Fun: 10
Value: 10
Safety: 6
Review

Once in a lifetime opportunity for me to experience education in a different culture, and to see how special needs are supported in South Africa. The staff were great, all spoke english and made me feel welcome. The kids were also really fun and used to newcomers. I got to go on several trips with the school, beaches, horses riding and even to a 2 night camp. I got the opportunity to superviser in the boarding school after school hours, which allowed me to get to know the children really well. I learnt a lot and will miss the school dearly.

The downside was it was a long journey to work in the morning about 45 mins and 2 taxi-buses. These don't seem that safe either, you are sat with 6 or 7 people crammed in with the doors wide open and sometimes you are on your own with 1 or 2 male drivers. Then i had a 15 min lone walk.

The social side was amazing. I lived at Nellys Lodge in Observatory and was staying with about 12 other travellers all my age and friendly. I am still friends with a few of them 3 years later :)

Would you recommend this program?
Yes, I would
Your subscription level does not give you access to respond to critical reviews (any review rated 6 or lower). If you would like to do so please contact our sales team to upgrade your account.