Sales and Refund Policy
Please review these policies carefully as they are the terms of sale that govern your purchases at Go Overseas. Your placement of an order with Go Overseas constitutes your agreement that these policies apply to the order, so be certain you understand them before you place your order.
Please note there may be limitations on your right to return and obtain a refund for your order.
- Payment deadline: Your booking is not confirmed until Go Overseas has confirmed receipt of deposit and sent you a booking confirmation. Failure to pay on time may cause cancellation of the course and forfeiture of fees.
- Visa information: It is the responsibility of the student to arrange all applicable travel permits or visas and to have a valid passport.
- Additional services: Any additional services (airport transfers, travel, laundry, telephone costs, excursions, medical costs, special diet, exam fees, and accommodation) are not included unless specifically stated on the order confirmation. Terms and conditions.
- Rules and regulations: All students are subject to the rules and regulations governing the particular school attended.
- Late arrivals, vacations and absences: If the student begins the course late or is absent during the course, no refund will be made for the time missed. Periods of absence cannot be made up with a free extension of the course. Compensation will not be made for classes not offered on public holidays.
- Change fees: A minimum of 4 weeks' notice is required for any change in course date or program type. For any changes requested once the course has started, please contact the language school directly on site.
- Substitution policy: If, after the placement test taken on arrival at the school, a student is found to be at a level which is not appropriate for their booked course, the school reserves the right to place the student in an appropriate level class, which may have fewer lessons and a different curriculum.
- Program changes: Go Overseas has the right to change course start dates, course curricula and programs at any time due to errors, omissions and circumstances beyond our control. However, in cases where the course is rescheduled prior to the start of the first course and the new date is unacceptable to the student, all fees will be refunded.
- Books and learning materials: Some courses may require the purchase of books and other learning materials.
- Expulsion/Suspension: Any student who commits a criminal offense, violates the school policy, has a very poor attendance record or fails to pay an amount he or she is directly or indirectly liable for, may be expelled or suspended. No refund will be given and the immigration authorities will be informed.
- Liability: The liability of Go Overseas, their directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents and partners with respect to losses, damages, injuries, illnesses or violations or otherwise is limited in all circumstances to the amount paid to Go Overseas for the particular program. Such persons will in no circumstances have any liability for indirect or consequential losses or damages. Such persons will in no circumstances be liable for any services provided by third parties, such as but not limited to services provided by schools, accommodation providers, and insurance companies.
- Force majeure: Go Overseas is not liable in cases where Go Overseas is unable to fulfill any services to which they are contractually bound because of fire, natural disaster, and act of government, failure of suppliers or subcontractors, labor disputes or other reasons which are beyond its control.
Refunds will be made to the account from which the fees were originally received. All refunds will be made within 5 business days of written notification
Cancellation or postponement policy
'Cancellation' refers to the period up to 14 days prior to the arrival date listed on the booking confirmation form. For any cancellations / postponements communicated less than 14 days prior to the arrival date, no fees will be refunded.
For cancellations / postponements due to visa rejections, a written notification and receipt of relevant supporting documentation must be presented to Go Overseas at least 14 days before the arrival date listed on the booking confirmation form. Upon receipt of relevant supporting documentation, 100% of the tuition, accommodation, airport transfer, and materials fees will be refunded less any other cancellation fees charged by the school.
Cancellations / postponements due to visa rejections only apply to students who have applied for the appropriate visa category. If a student applies for the incorrect visa category, it will be treated as a non-visa related cancellation / postponement. For non-visa related cancellations / postponements made 14 days or more before the arrival date on the booking confirmation form, a cancellation fee equivalent to 50% of tuition fees paid will apply.
In all cases (including students with cancellation insurance), the express mail fee, accommodation placement fee, registration fee, health and personal insurance fee, bank transfer or credit card fee, differences due to currency exchange rate changes, change fees, and any other service charges are non-refundable.
'Termination' means stopping or leaving all or part of the course or courses booked, including extensions, once the first class has started. In all cases, no refunds will be made after the arrival date listed on the booking confirmation form. Students who terminate their program may not be eligible to receive a certificate of completion.