CIEE Arts + Sciences in Perth, Australia

Sign up with CIEE today to study in Australia
Sign up with CIEE today to study in Australia
Study Abroad with CIEE in Australia
Study Abroad with CIEE in Australia

Located on the Indian Ocean rim and just a few hours flight from major destinations in Asia, Perth is a vibrant multicultural city and home to one of the top universities in Australia. Whether you want to explore cross-cultural studies or the fields of biological science, ecology, and the environment, Arts and Sciences in Perth allows you to pursue your academic interests while helping you engage with, and become a full participant in, the local host culture.

Study abroad in Perth and you will:

- Benefit from full-time academic and personal study abroad support provided by a CIEE resident director who arranges excursions, volunteer opportunities, and cultural events

- Choose from a full range of academic offerings and for-credit internships including unique experiential options related to parliamentary law and community development

CIEE Scholarships
CIEE Offers More Than $8 Million in Scholarships Every Year!

$500 - $2,500

Megan

Perfect Mix of Fun + Outdoors!!

This program was the perfect program for me! I have always wanted to go to Australia, but I struggled for a while to figure out which city to go to. I decided on Perth, because I didn't want the feel of a huge city like some of the cities on the east coast. This was perfect, because the city of Perth offered lots of things to do / see, including bars, restaurants, clubs, city events, etc., yet it was also much quieter and laid-back. I could not get over how clean the city was -- it was just beautiful. I loved how close Murdoch University was to Fremantle, which was my favorite suburb to explore. There were endless restaurants and stores to explore, and we saw the best sunsets there every night. On Murdoch's campus, I loved that we lived in the Village, so we were fully immersed in the student life there. We became friends with full-time students, so I became best friends with students from Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, Japan, Hong Kong, etc. I absolutely loved all of my fellow American friends through CIEE, but we all really loved / appreciated the fact that we were not just limited to meeting Americans. I loved how laid-back Murdoch University was as compared with universities in the US. My professors were willing to meet with me for extra help, and I loved the unique classes I could take here in order to learn about Australia itself. Finally, I loved the opportunities we had to be outside, explore nature, and interact with animals. On any of the trips we took to the north- or south-west of Australia, we would see kangaroos, wallabies, emus, echidnas, and more just on the side of the roads. This would've been a totally different experience if I had been in a huge city, so I am so thankful for Perth / Murdoch and all they had to offer!!!!

The one thing that was hard about this program was the fact that there was an Arts + Sciences program as well as a BEFS program. While we were all in CIEE, we were completely different programs with different schedules. We became best friends, but then we only had one of the same breaks from school, and we finished our programs at different times. It was really sad to be separated from them while they did research, because Murdoch had a break the week before their research, and they had a break the week after their research. This left us being unable to see each other for 4 weeks, which was really hard after we had gotten so close. It also was sad to see them leave so early. In the future, I would recommend overlapping the 2nd Murdoch break with the 2nd BEFS break, so that the only time apart would be the research weeks at Ningaloo!!
Read my full story
Larissa

CIEE Perth Arts and Science

I spent the full 2017 school year studying at Murdoch University with CIEE Perth. Paul Hollick, the director, supports every student in the program incredibly well. I absolutely loved being in Perth - the weather is stunning, the people are open minded, and I was able to take classes very different to the ones offered at my home university. I highly recommend this program and cannot wait to return to Perth as soon as possible.

Alumni Interviews

About CIEE

A nonprofit, non-governmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international study and exchange programs. For 65 years, CIEE has helped thousands of students, professionals, and educators gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and...