CIS Abroad - Summer on the Gold Coast

CISabroad - Summer on the Gold Coast australia

Use your summer wisely by earning a full semester’s worth of credit while living in paradise. The Summer on the Gold Coast program plants you in the middle of a sunny, stunning campus just minutes from the beach. You can surf and swim as you jump ahead academically. While most summer programs offer only a limited number of courses, Summer on the Gold Coast gives you dozens of course options in most subjects. Even more tempting, you’ll live in a sun-drenched, outdoorsy, sports-crazed city, and you’ll study at one of Australia’s top private universities. Passionate teachers? Check. Sandy beaches? Check. Friendly locals? Check. See you in the land Down Under!

• Numerous social and recreational activities on- and off-campus
  • Gold Coast's "winter" climate—70 degrees and sunny
  • A full 14-week semester, with dozens of course options
  • Beautiful, modern campus with top-notch fitness facilities, common areas, and manicured grounds
  • Small student body: 4,000 students

CISabroad Scholarships
CISabroad Scholarships and Financial Aid

70% of all CISabroad students receive scholarships, grants, or discounts to study abroad. We're unapologetically committed to increasing access to international education for all students.

$250 - $500

Mitchell

Finding me

My experience was one of soul searching. This study abroad program not only gave me a great opportunity to go somewhere I have never been before but gave me the chance to be on my own truly for the first time and do things I never would do at home in the states. I was able to explore big cities, go to a soccer game and explore the mountains of Australia. I did all this on my own and in the states I would not do something like that. It gave me the chance to finally find who I was and what I wanted to be. I found out a lot about myself. I now know that I want to not only go New places but get to know the history, the culture and the people of the country or place I go to. I don’t care to go to the big attractions or tourist destinations. Overall this experience wasn’t about the trip, it was the knowledge I was able to learn from my classes, my new friends and the places I was able to go and experience. If I wouldn’t have been able to do this then I would have missed out on a great experience and be behind in my life and not able to understand who I truly am.

This program was great! If I had to recommend something to be changed it would be that there should be more opportunities to get to know the people of the native country rather than just seeing sights and attractions.