CIEE Open Campus Block in Sydney, Australia

COVID-19 Program Updates

Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, CIEE has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.

Head to the land down under and discover the breathtaking biodiversity and laid-back lifestyle of this diverse country. Even better, experience Sydney your way by customizing your study abroad term on the Open Campus Block Program. Take one, two, or three six-week blocks, select your courses from a wide range of subject areas. In Sydney, you’ll enjoy one of the world’s most livable and friendliest cities with easy access to outdoor activities and iconic beaches.

Stay in Sydney the entire time or spend other blocks at our Global Institute locations in Berlin, Buenos Aires, Cape Town, Copenhagen, London, Madrid, Yucatán, Monteverde, Paris, Rio de Janeiro, Rome, Santiago, and Shanghai.

• DO YOUR CLASS READING at the magnificent Bondi Beach
  • LEARN ABOUT SOCIAL JUSTICE AND DELIVERY OF SERVICES in one of the most livable cities in the world
  • ENJOY the great Australian outdoors

Updated refund & cancellation policy for flexible, secure booking due to COVID-19

In the unusual event CIEE has to cancel your summer ’20, fall '20, January '21, or spring '21 study abroad or internship program due to a health, safety, or security concern, you’re covered with Program Assurance Advantage.

CIEE Scholarships
CIEE Offers More Than $8 Million in Scholarships Every Year!

$500 - $2,500

Audrey

A FANTASTIC Experience!

I had the privilege of attending CIEE's Sydney block at its premiere. It was a new location for the well-established program- with new staff, new teachers, new *everything*. But even still I can not speak highly enough about my experience. The classes are informative- and the assignments inspire true research and learning which gives one a more global perspective (I took the course on Development, Poverty, and Human Rights with Keshab). But aside from that the staff consistently facilitates extracurricular activities which help one take full advantage of a trip to Sydney, Australia! Various local excursions have included the Fish Market, the Art Museum, and the Zoo, among countless others! I highly recommend spending at least six weeks abroad in Sydney with CIEE. Not only will you earn academic credits, but you will gain an experience unique to anything else available by any other study abroad program! Personally, I'd always wanted to study in Sydney (following my Dad's footsteps) but there were so many other places I wanted to study in as well! CIEE proved to be the perfect program for me, as it allowed me to experience multiple places during one semester. If you're from the US (like me!) I cannot recommend this program enough! And if you have any questions please email me at abauer@umass.edu! I'm happy to answer any questions!

Plan excursions! I never did so, as both my parents and I considered this trip to be an excursion in and of itself! However, it is 100% worth it to plan trips to New Zealand, Melbourne, and especially Caines (or anywhere else nearby!). You will not regret it! This is your best opportunity to visit anywhere near Australia!
Also (and this is a personal note!) I highly recommend a wine tour in Hunter Valley! As long as you make SURE that you're safe, take advantage of the drinking age here. Learn how to drink responsibly (I don't mean you shouldnt get drunk. Just make sure you'll be safe considering how much you've drinken that night!). And NEVER go out alone or drink more than you're comfortable with! If you're not comfortable with drinking that is totally okay! There is NO SHAME! But if you do drink, I'll say that drinking is fun and all but please... I beg you... be safe!!!!

And last one... go to Manly! Its soooo worth the day trip!