IES Abroad Sydney Direct Enrollment – University of Sydney

Students snapping a selfie by one of the many beaches.
Students snapping a selfie by one of the many beaches.

Take advantage of your chance to live and learn in one of the most beautiful and livable cities in the world—Sydney! Enjoy Sydney’s comfortable climate (warm summers and mild winters), world-renowned beaches (think: Bondi, Manly, and Coogee), and iconic spots around the city (the Rocks, Harbour Bridge, and the Royal Botanical Gardens).

Our study abroad programs in Sydney offers you the opportunity to directly enroll in the prestigious University of Sydney with access to a vast array of course offerings across hundreds of disciplines. You can also enroll in an internship, which includes time spent working at your placement in addition to an academic seminar that helps you contextualize what you're learning.

IES Abroad Scholarships
IES Abroad Scholarships and Financial Aid

As far as we're concerned, financial limitations shouldn't prevent you from studying abroad with us. That's why we offer more than $5 million in scholarships and aid.

$500 - $5,000

Brianna

The quickest 5 moths of my life!

This program was the best decision I made in college. Between the people I met, the places I got to see and the culture I got to immerse myself in, there was never a dull moment! The academics were on the tougher side, but overall I had time to see Sydney while working hard in school as well. I would recommend traveling not just around other countries but also amongst Australia as there are heaps of hidden gems! I didn't travel with friends but made so many along the way. Aussies are friendly and always willing to help. The Uni offered an internship program with a very easy application process. I really enjoyed my time working and connecting with professionals from a different country. I have nothing but positive memories of my time abroad!

More support from staff, cleaner apartments and more get to know people events
Garrett

Sydney Left More Than A Mark

The whole idea of studying abroad was one that I had held for a long time, yet I never thought that I would walk away as the individual that I am after spending a semester in Sydney, AU. The sheer joy of being surrounded by new friends constantly built bonds that will last me a lifetime. Additionally, the bliss of having the accessibility to one of the most coffee, food, and drink centric cities in the world elevated my taste for authentic experiences within the cultural melting pot that is Sydney. I am truly grateful for the spirit of adventure that led me to embrace the call of Aussie living because it gave me my greatest semester of college, alongside branching me out of a place of comfort that I never knew existed. Studying abroad is much more than simply living in another part of the world for a short time, but it is about embracing the newness that surrounds you and allowing yourself to embark on a journey that is bound for greatness. Praises upon praises for this program and for the Land Down Under!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Going into this program I did not know anyone who was within this same program, so it initiated some anxious emotions within me. Yet, with an assurance that growth and friendships are bound when we place ourselves in moments of discomfort...I found people around me that will be by my side for the rest of my life.

Location:
77 F / 55 F
Airports:
Sydney Airport
( SYD )

Sydney is considered the oldest and largest cosmopolitan city in Australia. This city has become iconic and has many monuments that any traveler would recognize like the Syndey Opera House. This city is wildly regarded as one of the most livable cities.

About IES Abroad

IES Abroad offers 140 programs worldwide for college students. We are a highly charged force of study abroad enthusiasts. Every day we have the privilege of witnessing how study abroad changes our students’ lives. We also believe that every student...