During the BCA Vienna summer program you will have the opportunity to develop your German Language skills at Internationales Kulturinstitut Wien (IKI). IKI Vienna hosts students from all over the world interested in improving their German. Class sizes are small, so that you’ll have the best opportunity to strengthen your language skills. Professors emphasize speaking, reading, writing and communication skills with efforts placed on fine-tuning grammar and vocabulary. You will also take a history course focused on Vienna as a geographical, political, cultural, and artistic crossroads at the heart of Europe and uses the city itself as a classroom.
Don’t be surprised if you find yourself in a café with a group of friends from Italy, Brazil, Syria, China, Croatia, Poland, Ukraine, Russia, Japan and Egypt. In Vienna’s historic First District, you’ll have easy access to a variety of leisure and cultural activities such as open-air film shows, museums, opera houses and cooking classes.
- Dive into your German language studies with courses offered at beginning, intermediate or advanced levels!
- Acquaint yourself with the central hub of Southeast Europe. Did you know that Sigmund Freud, Gustav Klimt and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart called Vienna their home? And that Vienna is home to organizations such as the United Nations and Amnesty International?
- Decide to study in a UNESCO World Heritage city that has consistently been ranked among the world’s top five cities for quality of living for the last 15 years and, in recent years, has topped the list.
- Visit the important museums, castles and buildings of Vienna with BCA to understand the rich heritage of the Viennese.
- Take a day trip to neighboring Slovakia’s capital city, Bratislava, to help you better understand its relations with Vienna, both past and present.