Experience Botswana! The Arts and Sciences study abroad program in Gaborone offers students, from a wide range of academic disciplines, the opportunity to live and study in Botswana, learning firsthand about the country and its people while pursuing an intensive curriculum in classes with local students.
Through coursework, a variety of community engagement, and field-based research opportunities, you will explore Botswana and examine its role in the Southern African region.
Study abroad in Gaborone and you will:
- Choose from direct enrollment courses in social sciences, natural sciences, humanities, and engineering and technology
- Enhance your learning through a language and culture practicum to build a bridge between language and experiential learning
- Participate in a week-long rural homestay to get an understanding of the interaction between traditional and modern issues in Botswana today
View Program Information
- Tuition and housing
- Pre-departure advising and optional on-site airport meet and greet
- Full-time program leadership and support
- Field trips and cultural activities
- CIEE iNext travel card, which provides insurance and other travel benefits
CIEE also offers several scholarships for participants; please see website for full details.