CIEE Community Public Health in Gaborone, Botswana

Sunset in Chobe National Park
Milking a goat in Kanye, Botswana
Milking a goat in Kanye, Botswana
CIEE Study Abroad (Gaborne, Botswana)

Though confronted with many of the same pressing healthcare concerns plaguing other African nations, Botswana is unique. Its proactive campaign against HIV/AIDS and push to provide pioneering treatments and research to its citizens is inspirational and sets the country apart as a successful model for thoughtful healthcare intervention.

Through coursework, Setswana language learning, a community health practicum, and homestays, in a rich and challenging social environment, Community Public Health in Gaborone gives you the opportunity to critically appraise the issues developing nations face in their efforts to provide their citizens with sustainable public healthcare.

Study abroad in Botswana and you will:

- Study with local professors and students though direct enrollment at the University of Botswana

- Intern with local healthcare service providers and organizations

- Partake in an urban community service practicum based in and around Gaborone

CIEE Scholarships
CIEE Offers More Than $8 Million in Scholarships Every Year!

$500 - $2,500

Laura

A Once in A Lifetime Opportunity

I'll be the first to say that I was extremely nervous when I made the decision to study abroad in Botswana. The internet offers little information about the country in general, so anything I knew about studying there had to be learned from alumni and, ultimately, through first hand experience. Luckily, all my nerves were unnecessary. During my five months in Botswana I discovered more about myself and my future aspirations than I ever could have at my home institution. I was fortunate enough to gain first hand experience in the field of public health by observing in local clinics and was able to truly immerse myself in a foreign culture during a village homestay. I also traveled to some of the most beautiful destinations in the world such as the Okavango Delta and Tofo Beach, Mozambique. I will never forget the friends and memories I made abroad and would strongly recommend this program to a student in any major; it is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I guarantee you will emerge a better student, friend, and person.

About CIEE

A nonprofit, non-governmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international study and exchange programs. For 65 years, CIEE has helped thousands of students, professionals, and educators gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and...